Uh Oh

Skylor's POV

I slowly wake up to the sound of giggles but I also feel something.

I feel breathing by my face and something holding onto my waist.

I open my eyes to see Jay and Nya in our cabin giggling and talking about me and Kai.

That's when I realized that I was so close to Kai's face.

We were so close that are noses were touching.

And he was also holding  onto my waist.

Nya and Jay start snickering super loud when they saw that I was blushing and that I realized what they were laughing at. 

This caused Kai to open his eyes. He instantly starts to blush and lets go of my waist.

He sits up and says, "Why are you guys even in here?"

Jay won't stop giggling and Nya says, "Sorla says that we should start working so we came in to wake you guys up and caught you snuggling!"

I feel like my face is as dark as my hair. "We weren't snuggling!" I say.

"Oh, yes you were. Don't try to deny it." Nya says with a smirk.

"Whatever," Kai starts, "let's just go."

TIME SKIP

I'm helping Nya with clearing the snow and there was just a big awkward silence between us because of what happened this morning.

But of course she had to say, "You know, liking my brother isn't the worst thing in the world, right? Although, I have no idea what you see in him."

I immediately start to blush.

"No, I don't li-" she cuts me off.

"I was like this with Jay, too. It's okay to feel this way about him."

"Okay I have to admit, he is cute, but I don't think he likes me." I admit.

"Maybe you should ask him." She says with a super big grin.

"I can't. Especially not now." I say.

"Sure you can! See he's coming over right now. I'll give you guys some alone time." She says with a wink.

"No, no. You don't have to do that. I'm not ready." I exclaim.

But she walks over to Jay and Kai, whispers something in Jay's ear and walks away with him.

This is just great.

Now everything's going to be super awkward.

Kai's POV

Of course Nya leaves me alone with Skylor.

Should I even be surprised?

I don't even know what to say.

"Uh... hey, Skylor." I say.

"Oh.... uh hey, Kai." she says.

"So... about this morning... I'm sorry." I said very slowly.

I could see her cheeks turning red and turning pale at the same time.

"Oh... it's fine. How'd work with Jay go?" She replies.

"It was fine. He's just really annoying." I tell her.

I'm so glad that she changed the subject. I don't know how much longer I could've taken the awkwardness.

"Well," she starts, "he reminds me of someone."

"Hey, I'm at least 1000 times less annoying than him!" I say jokingly.