"What are you doing? Listen to me Ymir." Zeke yelled at her.

The shackle around her ankle disintegrated into the sand. She rushed off, trying to ignore the sheering hot pain in her foot. Tripping over her feet a few times, never able to get the right footing.

Eren was still ahead of her. She screamed as she picked up her pace, no longer able to accommodate her broken foot. He reached her before she made it.

Eren wrapped his arms around her body. "I'll put an end to this world." He screamed. Ymir stood there, not moving.

"Eren stop, we can find another way. You don't have to kill the entire planet for them." She cried out.

"You're no slave, you're no god. You're just a person. You don't need to serve anyone, you can choose." Eren screamed. Maeve rushed up, reaching him. Her hand stretched out to his jacket, ready to pull him back.

Her fingertips grazed the fabric on his back before she got pulled back. Shackled back into the ground by Ymir, this time it was her hand.

Maeve groaned as she reached out, pulling at the air. Zeke was now running for Eren.

"Obey my orders, stop," Zeke screamed at her as he tried to make it in time. Maeve rolled her eyes, she couldn't believe he thought that Ymir would choose his plan. When he was yelling at her as if she hadn't had enough of that.

Unlike Eren who had given her a choice, for the first time in her life. Someone had given her a taste of free will. Maeve knew all hope was gone, Ymir would choose Eren's plan.

"You must've been waiting all this time for someone," Eren whispered. Ymir gritted her teeth as she cried. Within a flash, they were gone. Zeke fell onto the sand.

Maeve pulled away and sank to her knees. Weeping into her hands, she worried about everyone. Would they survive the rumbling? Would they be the ones to end it or would they turn a blind eye?

She knew that Hange would never go along with it despite how much Mikasa loved Eren. She would never allow it to happen.

Sitting there, she cried until she could no longer produce tears. She groaned realizing how stupid all of this was. Wishing that she had gone to wherever you go when you do rather than the eternal hell that was Paths.

Maeve tugged at the chains and just like before they crumbled to sand. She threw herself down, laying in the sand.

Closing her eyes, she wondered what Jean was doing. What would his reaction be to everything?
If they didn't have to think twice about trying to stop Eren.

He was their childhood friend, they grew up together. She wouldn't blame them if they had the benefit of the doubt. Her part was done, she had tried to stop Zeke and Eren.

Both failed miserably but there was only so much she could do against a future that was already set in stone.

The only thing left to do was rot away in Paths with Zeke. She would've been happier with anyone else but it was better than going crazy alone.

Thinking about how time worked inside Paths didn't help her either. Eren for sure had already begun the rumbling a long time ago while technically it had just started.