018

⊱ ────── {⋅

────── {. .} ──────

THE TIME HAD FINALLY COME. "It's time to board the airship," Jean turned back to Maeve. She pursed her lips and nodded her head, Jean held his hand out as she stepped over the platform and climbed in.

Everyone else was already in and ready to go to Marley. Maeve rubbed her palms against the fabric of her pants.

"There's something I want to tell you," Jean grabbed her hand.

Maeve turned towards him and looked up. She waited patiently for him to speak but his words were stuck. "It's okay, you can tell me after." She pulled her hand away from his and softly padded his chest.

Jean parted his lips to speak but was cut off. "Come over here," Sasha yelled out for her. Maeve nodded and rushed over. "I need help with this." She said struggling with the belt on her leg. There was new gear given out and Sasha couldn't get the hang of it.

Maeve bent down on one knee and began to fix it. "Is this good?" She looked up and asked Sasha. "It's perfect," Sasha nodded her head. Maeve got back up and Sasha pulled Maeve into a hug. "I love you, I don't know what I'd do without you." She smiled while smushing her face into the crock of her neck.

"I love you too, Sash," Maeve mumbled in her hair. "What about me?" Connie teased. She turned towards him with Sasha still clinging onto her. "How could I forget you?" Maeve smiled and ruffled the top of his head. "I spent all morning perfecting this." He whined.

"You're bald," Jean teased Connie. "I'm not." Connie defended himself. Sasha pulled away from Maeve. "Dude, you have three strands of hair," Sasha said.

"Hange said to make sure everything's ready." Mikasa walked over. Maeve nodded her head and walked off to her gear.

She sat down on the floor checking over the mechanics and gas. The ride to Marley would only take a few hours but once they got there, there would be no time for this.

"I can do yours too," Maeve asked Connie once she finished hers. "No need." Connie leaned down and grabbed his gear.

Floch stood at the other side of the airship staring at Maeve. He wondered why Eren had entrusted the girl from Marley more than him. It wasn't his pride that was wounded, after all, pride was not worth dying for. He just questioned Eren's motivation.

Maeve sat on the floor alone unaware of the eyes staring at her, her knees to her chest as she tried to clear her mind. She worried about what would happen to everyone on the airship and everyone she cared about in Liberio.

The last time Eren had written to her, he had apologized. It had been months, she had no clue what he was thinking anymore.

By now everyone noticed her blank expression but ignored her. Just like always, they were too afraid to address it. She had gotten better at pretending to be fine to avoid the awkward tension but she was far from perfect.