010

TW: MENTIONS OF SUICIDE ⊱ ────── {⋅

────── {. .} ──────

MAEVE CHECKED BEHIND HER BEFORE STEPPING OUT. She began walking through the streets to the spot she occasionally found herself. It didn't take long before Maeve turned down the alley and found the latter. She climbed her way up and onto the roof.

The sky was dark and the view was beautiful from up here. It was the highest building in the district, this meant at night everything could be seen. Maeve found it rewarding to run off late at night whenever she needed a break from everything, her thoughts, Marley, and even her life in Paradis.

Maeve heard a creak come from the side of the building. It sends a chill down her spine as she quickly turned around. She brought her fists up to her face, courtesy to Mikasa for teaching her hand-to-hand combat.

If she needed to then she could fight the intruder off the building. Familiar brown hair poked its head up, she saw the brown mullet. Maeve knew exactly who it belonged to, she dropped her hands to her side. "Jean?" She asked.

"Didn't mean to scare you." He said as he climbed over the ledge and onto the roof. Maeve turned her back to him and walked off to the other side of the roof. She glanced back at him once and motioned for him to follow.

Jean slowly made his way over once he made it over, Maeve grabbed his hand pulling them both down onto the floor of the roof.

She brought her knees up to her chest. "Did you follow me here?" Maeve asked. She knew the answer to her question but she needed to hear it from him. "Yes," Jean whispered. He realized how weird that must've sounded and panicked.

"I didn't mean to I'm sorry." He rambled. Maeve placed her hand on his shoulder to stop him. "It's okay," She laughed and shook her head. Jean sighed and sank, he wanted to run as far as he could from her. The embarrassment was too much for him the bear.

"I've never been up here, do you come up here often?" He asked. She turned towards him and nodded her head before placing her chin on her knees.

"It's a great place to clear your head." She mumbled.

Jean looked over at her there was still so much he wanted to ask but he didn't know how to ask

"I know why you're here," Maeve said as she looked forward. Jean snapped his head and looked at her. "What do you mean?" He asked. Maeve looked over at him.

"You want to know about what happened in the kitchen that day. We're friends yet none of you know anything about me." Maeve gnawed at the inside of her cheek.