025

DISCLAIMER: italics are Ymir's backstory

────── {. .} ──────

THEY WERE NO LONGER STANDING IN PATHS. Instead, they were back in Eren's memories. Grisha held up Eren as Carla reached over grabbing him from her husband. "He won't stop crying," Grisha groaned.

"He looks pretty happy for someone who just pushed his first family aside," Zeke said bitterly. Eren just looked at his older brother.

"What are you trying to accomplish?" He asked.

"I'll show you until you understand, just how Grisha brainwashed his son." Zeke was stuck on the thought that he would be the one to save his brother.

The way that he wished someone could've swooped in and saved him from Grisha. Mister Ksaver could have only done so much given the circumstances but he still loved him as a father.

"Do I just stand over here?" Maeve awkwardly stuck her hand up trying to get their attention.

"No, you're coming with us." Eren didn't bother looking over at her.

"Oh, cool!" She said sarcastically. "Ah, Grisha no one will interrupt your happy little life." Zeke left the house, slamming the door behind him leaving Maeve and Eren behind.

She knew that this was going to be a long, long trip especially with Zeke bent on fixing Eren. Opening the door, she held it for Eren who walked out behind her.

Unlike last time Eren wasn't in this memory. Grisha leaned over a bed helping a patient, offering them medicine.

"He used his position as a doctor to get close to those with power inside the wall. All to pin down their King and steal the founding." Zeke said with disgust as they watched. Maeve furrowed her eyebrows.

"I think he's just helping," She patted Zeke's shoulder.

"Of course, any slip-up would hurt his wife and son but he doesn't seem to care. Do you understand why?" Zeke asked Eren.

"Because my shitty old man was a piece of shit, who'd simply throw his family into a pile of shit to save Eldia. I see it now, I was wrong I should've never been born. I'm no longer brainwashed." Eren was tired of Zeke searching for a way to fix him.

There was nothing that needed to be fixed, Eren wasn't influenced by his father. Not like Zeke was when he was a child. Doing all of this was just a waste of his time.

"We have all the time in the world, no need to rush." Unlike last time Zeke didn't run off. He waited until everyone walked with him.

Back in Eren's old home, Grisha held him tight to his chest. Smiling and playing with him, something Zeke never had. Just like the first time, he walked out of the room.