004

⊱ ────── {⋅

────── {. .} ──────

MAEVE RUBBED AT HER EYES AS SHE BEGAN TO WAKE UP. "Good morning," Levi mumbled. Maeve jolted up and looked around the room. She fell asleep with books and papers on her lap. While laid beside her was Hange, they had their head rested on her shoulder.

"Did you get some rest?" Maeve asked him. She set aside the mess on her lap while carefully sliding from underneath Hange.

"No," Levi said. Maeve made her way over to him, he was still reading and sorting the papers on his desk. "Do you need help?" Maeve asked.

Levi ignored her and continued to read. Maeve sighed and sat down on the chair by the desk. "I can help while you rest, you look like you could use it," Maeve said while placing the useless desk novelties where they belonged.

His hand tightened around the paper as he watched her clean up for him. Why was Maeve worried about him, let alone anyone in the Scout Regiment? She couldn't just waltz in and replace Mobit. He wondered how Hange was able to let her slip into their lives. Levi had enough of this, he couldn't take it anymore.

He glanced up and watched as she took on a pile of work that was off on the side and began helping. Levi dropped the paper onto his desk. "We're done here today," Levi said harshly to her. Maeve looked up at him and slowly dropped the folders onto her lap.

She didn't speak a word, complying with him. Maeve nodded her head and got up from the chair and walked out, glancing at Hange before leaving.

"You didn't have to do that," Hange told him. He looked over at Hange. "How long have you been awake for?" He questioned them.

"Since she moved away," Hange yawned as they stretched their arms forward. Levi looked away and back down at his desk. "I know what you're thinking," Hange said softly.

Levi rolled his eyes. "No, you do not." He puffed.
Hange hummed and walked over, sitting down in front of his desk. They leaned over and placed their hand on top of Levi's arm. "No one's replacing Erwin or Moblit, no one can. But it'd be nice to not sit alone every night or wallow in that tiny office." Hange pulled away and sat back.

"Plus, she's a nice kid so don't be so mean," Hange said.

She sat on the floor with her back pressed against the wall as she wrote inside her notebook. A loud knock could be heard from outside her door. "Who is it?" Maeve asked.

"Hange," They yelled.

Maeve sighed and crawled over to the door before standing up and unlocking it. "You're not dressed," Hange brought their hands down.