016

⊱ ────── {⋅

────── {. .} ──────

EREN HAD GONE MISSING, NO ONE WAS ABLE TO FIND HIM. Not even Maeve which left them no choice but to go back to Paradis. Things took a while to slip back into normal but when they did, it was almost as if nothing had happened.

Maeve continued to force herself to smile every day, keep the facade that Sasha had called her out on. It was the only thing she knew how to do. "I brought you tea," Maeve smiled as she held the cup up for Levi. He rolled his eyes and took the cup from her.

"That's not how you thank people." Maeve rolled her eyes. "Aren't you Hange's assistant?" Levi asked her. Maeve nodded her head slowly, she was confused at what that had to do with anything.

"Exactly, I'm still your boss." Levi leaned back in his chair. She had wondered why Levi had gone cold so suddenly but she didn't have it in her to address it. If only she had known why, if Eren is as serious about the attack on Liberio then he feared losing another comrade would be inevitable.

"I'm going to Hanges," Maeve said, she didn't turn back around as she left. She walked over to their office and slipped in. "Just the person I needed." Hange quickly got up and handed Maeve a stack of paper.

She groaned as she tried to stand steady with the papers. "It'll help your training," Hange said while pointing to their biceps. "I think I already have enough training," Maeve had been working hard lately to master ODM. Which meant she was left with lots of bruises from falling and flying into trees.

"Don't be so dramatic," Hange rolled their eyes playfully and walked back to their desk. By the time Maeve had finished everything it was late in the night. Hange had fallen asleep at their desk, Maeve walked over and placed a blanket over their shoulders, and turned off the lantern.

She slipped out of the office and went to her room. To her surprise, Armin was still up. "Armin," She whispered getting his attention. He turned around towards her. "I want to see Annie," Maeve said. Armin pressed his lips together and nodded his head.

"You can't tell anyone, especially Hitch. She'd kill me if we went down there without permission." Armin shook his head at the thought of Hitch being angry at them. Maeve nodded her head understanding that she couldn't tell anyone else.

"Let's go," Armin leads the way down the dark corridor. Maeve followed close behind him, walking quietly to avoid disrupting anyone.

They walked outside and across the courtyard into a different building. Maeve purposely staggered behind him. Armin would glance back ever so often to make sure she was still there. He pressed his lips tightly together and shook his head.

Armin didn't know what to say, or what he could say to help clear her head. After they came back from Marley, things were different. Eren was gone and Maeve was struggling to keep it together.