011

⊱ ────── {⋅

────── {. .} ──────

"THAT'S ENOUGH FOR TODAY, YOU CAN'T EVEN STICK THE LANDING, " LEVI COMPLAINED. Maeve got up from the ground and dusted her clothes off. "Let's try again," Maeve said eagerly.

She wasn't going to give up until she mastered the ODM gear. There was no way she'd live with herself if she couldn't do the bare minimum to protect herself.

"No, you'll just fall again." Levi crossed his arms across his chest.

"No, I won't, I'll stick the landing this time." Maeve tried to convince him but it seemed to not work. "You said that the last time." He raised an eyebrow as he stared up at her.

"I was warming up," Maeve groaned. Levi rolled his eyes and brought his arms down to his side.
"I don't get paid for this," He said referring to teaching her.

"I know, you're just doing this out of the kindness of your heart," Maeve smiled at him before taking her previous position in front of the large tree. "You're annoying." He grumbled.

"I'm your assistant be nice to me." Maeve looked over and told him. "No, you're Hange's assistant." Levi corrected her.

"So, Hange should teach me then," Maeve shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm not entrusting you in Hange's hands." Levi's body shivered at the thought of Hange trying to teach Maeve how to properly and safely use ODM gear. He knew it would easily go wrong. "You should have more faith in Hange," Maeve said.

"I would when titans fly." He mumbled. Maeve looked over and shook her head. "Don't jinx them." She warned Levi before looking down at the buttons trying to remember which would anchor her into the tree.

"You know this is the first time I've ever heard you speak this long to me before, old man." Maeve teased Levi. He must've gotten annoyed because he rolled his eyes and pointed to the button for her. Maeve mumbled a thank you to him. "You're pushing it now," He said.

"Sorry," Maeve apologized. The last thing she wanted was for Levi to walk away and leave her outside alone.

"I'm grateful for you, kid. You help around so much. I'm not sure if Hange has thanked you yet but it means a lot to me that they now have someone else besides me." Levi brought his hands behind his back. Maeve smiled and nodded her head. "I'm more than happy to help," She told him.

"Enough talking now get back to practicing." He snapped at her. Maeve's eyes widened and she nodded her head frantically. She pressed the trigger and took off into the trees.