028

⊱ ────── {⋅

────── {. .} ──────

AFTER SPENDING A FEW WEEKS OF CATCHING UP ON EVERYTHING SHE HAD MISSED, SHE WAS EXHAUSTED. The most rewarding part of it all was when she would come home and curl up next to Jean.

"Are you up?" Jean whispered. Maeve groaned as she rubbed her eyes. "I am now," She mumbled.

Maeve brought her hand up, admiring the ring on her finger. "We're not even married yet and you're telling people you're Mrs. Kirstein," Jean mumbled against her skin.

"That's only because I'm proud to be yours." She smiled, proud of herself for thinking of such a cheesy line. He pulled away and looked down at her. "That was awful, never say anything like that again," Jean said playfully.

"Come on, that was good." Maeve groaned. Jean didn't get to respond before she opened her mouth to say something else.

"I want to see Levi, I feel bad enough that I've been back for a month and haven't seen him." Maeve frowned.

"He'll understand, you were adjusting to everything since it's been three years since the last time you were alive." Jean littered soft kisses across her skin.

"That doesn't help, I'm still bad for pretending they don't exist for the past month." Maeve ran her hand through his hair. "They?" Jean mumbled against her skin.

"Levi and Hange?" Maeve furrowed her eyebrows. Jean paused before pulling away from her chest. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Maeve scooted up, leaning her back against the headrest.

"Hange is," Jean couldn't finish the sentence and Maeve had already known why. "Why didn't you tell me? I would have seen him sooner. He's alone?" Maeve panicked. It hadn't even registered that Hange had died yet.

She needed to get up, out of bed, and clear her mind. Maeve slipped out of bed and walked out of the room. He groaned bringing his hands up to his head, feeling awful for telling her like that.

Jean knew she needed a moment to collect herself so he didn't chase after her.

Maeve found herself sitting at the table, her knees brought up to her chest. She felt guilty for not reacting, there was nothing in her chest. No tight feeling or sadness, she felt numb.

Without thinking she reached over to the paper on the table, pulling it in front of her. She stared at it before she found herself drawing Hange.

It had been a while since she had drawn anything, and she worried if she could anymore. Trying her best to remember every detail about Hange was hard. She grew frustrated with herself, and bringing her hands up to her face she screamed silently.

Hearing footsteps she quickly looked up, it was Jean. He had decided to check up on her.

Walking over he stopped once he reached behind her. She feels his arms wrap around her shoulders, leaning into his touch. "Are you okay?" He mumbled.