005

⊱ ────── {⋅

────── {. .} ──────

SHE SWEPT UP THE REMAINING DUST FROM THE FLOOR BEFORE LEANING AGAINST THE WALL.  Maeve was exhausted from cleaning but she knew these duties fell to her while everyone trained. The sun was still out which meant the time had barely passed. She walked over and placed the broom back.

From the corner of her eye, she noticed a figure, it was Eren looking out of the window. She turned towards him before walking off. Maeve hadn't spoken to Eren much the past few weeks she had been in Paradis.

She didn't know much about him besides the fact he held the founding and attack titan. Eren sighed as he tried to stop his racing thoughts. Every day was another day closer to everything he envisioned would come true, the inevitable.

Maeve looked back once more but this time he was staring at her. "Are you okay?" Maeve asked him softly. Eren shook away his thoughts and cleared his throat. "Yeah," His voice was hoarse and dry. Almost as if he had been crying before. She goes to turn away but something in her wouldn't let her.

"Are you sure?" She asked one more time. Eren dismissed her question. "What do you think we should do?" Eren randomly said. Maeve snapped her head up, taken back by his words.

"I'm not quite sure, I'm not the best with these kinds of things. My specialty is cleaning and baking." Maeve leaned against the brick wall. Eren nodded his head and glanced back outside at his friends that were training without him.

"Let's say you were, would you have anything to say?" Eren asked again. Maeve chewed at her bottom lip as she tried to think of something. "I don't think there's another way out of this, not unless blood is shed." Maeve paused before continuing.

"Zeke's plan is foolish, who's to say the world will leave Paradis alone? What will happen when Paradis falls weak and succumbs to old age? Marley would come to wipe out the rest of the population here." Maeve couldn't understand why everyone was so quick to support Zeke's plan. Although there were no other options, Paradis wasn't guaranteed safety with it.

Marley would be waiting outside of the walls, planning the perfect time for an attack. Eren remained quiet and looked away from Maeve.

She wondered if this had always been Zeke's plan. Did he always want to end the Eldian bloodline through sterilization? Maeve would've never guessed that, the Zeke from when she was just a child was someone who seemed unrecognizable now.

"I just wish there was more I could do besides helping Captain Levi with paperwork or dusting the pantry rooms," Maeve mumbled. Eren looked over at Maeve and pursed his lips. He stared a little longer than usual before tearing his eyes off her.