run. (angst, kinda fluff)

He was running down a flight of stairs, his heart beating in his chest like it was trying to break free. His lungs burning with each breath he took as if he was breathing in gasoline. Everything hurt, but he couldn't stop running. He needed to keep his head up and run. run. run. run.

He ran down the hallway until the only way to continue his run was to turn left, so he did. And then he turned right. Left, left, right, left. He finally reached a door which had little windows in it that allowed daylight to flood the end of the hallway. He desperately ran towards it, not before taking a quick glance behind him to see if he was still alone. He was.

He reached the door and tried to push it open but it wouldn't budge. He pushed harder, he kicked against it, but nothing happened. Thats when he heard the foot steps again, fast, furious footsteps running up to him. He knew his time was limited and he couldn't stay here for too long, he should try to find another escape.

He turned around and looked for some kind of door, a window, anything he could leave this building through. He noticed a door a bit further down the hallway, he saw shadows run past the hallway he was in. Seeing his chance he took it, quick but quite he stepped over towards the door. He reached it when the shadows came back and he heard the steps again, louder than before. He knew they were right behind him and could see him through the glass wall which was separating one hallway from another.

He heard them open the door, at the same time pushing down the door knob of the door he was standing in front of, praying for it not to be locked. It clicked and he was infront of a long set of stairs reaching into darkness. He contemplated, but had no choice as he heard the door of the hallway open. He ran down the stairs and hid underneath them. He heard voices.

"Is it really worth it, Tony?" a quiet voice asked, followed by an aggressive answer, "What do you mean, "is it worth it", of course it is. That little freak flirted with YOU. He is gay. I don't have gay people in my highschool." "You should be old enough not to care about such things. What if he is? Why's that a problem? and it isn't your highschool" "Oh. So you're a supporter of those fags? Why, are you one yourself?", the other guy was quiet. Mobius didn't know if he nodded or shook his head no, but he guessed the latter because there was no more yelling. Instead he heard steps walking down the stairs. It was hard to make out how many people were there, but judging from the noise and the people he saw before he started sprinting, it were about 5. All boys.

He shifted a bit, uneasy and uncomfortable under the stairs. He sneaked away from the stairs, always aware of his surroundings, reaching out his hands so he can feel the things around him and wouldn't kick anything over, he was in utter darkness overall. He felt a wall and another wall right next to it, making out he was in a edge of the room. He slowly sat down and reached out into the darkness, softly touching for boxes or something of the like that he placed in front of him, hoping that they'd cover his figure. Just as he was finished the light went on, and then voices again. "Okay.. Loki, look over there. Clint here. Bruce and I will go over there and Barnes will look in the other corner. Spread out, find the fag." Then he heard shuffling all around him and his heart bounced so hard in his chest he was afraid someone might hear it.

He then heard foot steps right in front of his coverage. They weren't as loud and heavy as the other ones. He looked up and saw black hair peak over the wall of things in front of him. Then suddenly the boy turned around and looked him right in the eyes. Both their eyes went wide and a tear slipped from Mobius eye. He was discovered. Now they were gonna beat him until every bone in his ribcage was broken and he would helplessly gasp for air. He desperately whispered "Please, don't hurt me", then another tear slipped out.

The tall boy turned around to check if someone was watching him, but noticed everyone being busy with searching for the boy who was sitting right in front of him. He quietly answered, with the same quite voice Mobius heard earlier. "Hey, hey. I don't want to hurt you, I promise." He quickly looked behind him again. "You were brave for coming up to me. I'm sorry that Tony had you run across the whole school." The boy genuinely looked sad and sorry for Mobius. "I'll cover for you, stay here and be quiet".

The boy then quickly turned around and looked at the stairs as if he had seen something, gaining attention. "Quick! I saw someone run up there!", all stupid enough to believe his words run up the stairs leaving only the two boys in the basement of the school. Mobius still crying behind his savety tower. "You can come out now, they're all gone" there was no answer. Mobius didn't trust him. He heard foot steps again and then his wall was slowly being picked apart until there was nothing between him and the boy, who was also his crush ever since he started highschool.

"Hi." The boy grinned at him. Mobius still didn't know his name, he was about to find out, until he was running for his life instead. "I promise there is no one here to harm you. Come, stand up" he reached out a hand and after a few seconds Mobius finally took it, being picked up off of the floor. "I'm really, really sorry. I never knew they were that homophobic, I had no problem talking to you at all", he smiled, "Are you hurt?" "no" Mobius almost whispered in response.

"You don't even know my name, do you? I don't know where I left my manners. I'm Loki", the boy smiled at Mobius again. "Its.. uh, nice to meet you" he stuttered an answer. "Maybe we should leave before they notice that you never ran away." "yeah" Mobius nodded, walking up the stairs accompanied by his crush. "You want to get coffee to calm down?" Mobius smiled and that was enough of an answer for Loki.