You promised it!

Here is part two from "You're coming back, right?"

"You're coming back, right?" Coulson looked down at his hand and hers. "I'll be back before you can say Captain America." May held his hand even tighter and looked into his face until she hesitantly let go of him, he gave her one last smile and then left the room. May lowered her hand which was still outstretched to him and looked after him. "Captain America.."
.
.

It had been a while since Coulson left the room.
May was still standing in the same place she had been when he left. Finally she picked up the phone and made a call.
There was a crackling noise on the other end of the line and a female voice could be heard.
"Hey Maria, Melinda here." "Melinda, hey! How's it going?" "Like always. Just want to ask if you could get me a few days off." "Sure. I think that should work. Are you alright?" "Yeah. Just need a little time off." "Alright. Call me if anything." "Stay safe. And make sure Coulson is safe." "Don't worry. I'll send S.H.I.E.L.D your sick leave. Take care of you." "I will...thank you." "Melinda I-"
Coulson could be heard in the background.
"Maria did you see my..ah never mind got it." May had to smile. "Coulson, you interrupted my call to May." "Sorry. Just.. Wait did you say May? Can I..I mean.." May heard Maria sigh. "Didn't you just talk to her?" "I know, I know." "Fine. But hurry. I'll go check out the weapons." She heard someone run away and then Coulson spoke.
"Hey May. Are you alright?" "Yeah. Just keeping my promise." "So you got a few days of?" "Yes. Maria has me on sick leave." "Good!" "Can you call later? Just to make sure that you're alive?" "Always." "Thank you. See you." "See you Melinda."
May hung up and pocketed her cell phone. "I hope..."
She hastily packed her things together, cleaned up the table and left the office. Before she went home, she went shopping for a few things.
When she got home she changed her clothes and made herself something to eat. She opened a bottle of wine and sat down at the table.
She turned on the laptop and searched for recent S.H.I.E.L.D documents on "New York." But when she entered her agent ID, she was denied access. May hit the table. "Damn it!" Because that didn't work, she sat on the sofa and waited for the news.
Eventually her head fell to the side and she fell asleep. She woke up again when it was already light outside. Wearily she looked at the clock 10:32am. "Damn.."
She rubbed her eyes sleepily. Her phone blinked and then she remembered asking Coulson if he could call her. 5 missed calls. May didn't hesitate and called right back. "Phil Coulson here.." "God Phil I'm so sor-" "I'm not available right now, please leave a message." May hung up silently. "He's just in the field right now..it's all right Melinda."
She sighed and fell back onto the sofa. "Everything is alright.."
May decided to shower. The water gently touched her skin and she sighed. She tried not to think about bad things as she washed and changed.
Her cell phone finally rang around 1pm. May trembled when she answered. "Hey..you're okay?" "Not really." The color drained from her face. "Director Fury...good to hear you voice..c-can I talk to Coulson?" "I wish you could Agent May."
There was a brief silence.
"I know you've been close. But Coulson got stabbed by Loki. He is-" "Please..don't say it." "Okay..I'm sorry Agent May." "See you, sir." "Of course." She hung up and the phone hit the wall with a loud bang. It shattered and a shard hit her in the face. She winced painfully.
After a short while, she lost feeling in her legs and collapsed on the floor. "I should have grabbed the chance when I got it." A river of tears started running down her face. "You promised to come back!! You damn promised it!!!" Her head dropped and she began to sob. "Y-you promised it."
.....................................................

Uhm.. That is not a Philinda Win this time.
I am not good in writing sad storys I am so sorry!
I like more to write happy storys TwT

See ya'll <3