Took a bullet for you

(Season 5)

I took a bullet for you just to proof my love

Shortly after the team learns that Coulson is dying, they are sent on a mission where Coulson is very reckless and runs into the battlefield. May is horrified when she sees someone aiming at him. She runs after him and stands in front of Coulson. He only realizes it when she was hit and fell against her. Coulson got scared and they had to abort the mission.

~~~~~~~~~

Coulson burst into the lab. Daisy and Jemma got a fright. "Where's May?" Jemma looked at Daisy. "I took care of her and then she went to her quarters." "And you let her?" "Not really. She was gone when I came back." Coulson turned back and left the lab just as quickly as he came. "Damn, May and Coulson are about to fight again." Jemma just grinned. "They fight like a married couple, trust me I know what it's like to be married." Daisy grinned too.

Coulson rushed over to May and knocked on the door. "No." "Melin-" "Leave me the hell alone,Phil!" "I do not go anywhere." "Then you have to stay outside." "Or maybe I'll kick down the door." "Oh my god, Phil..your so dramatic-" There was silence. "Melinda, we need to talk." "You're right, we do." "Then let me in!" "Ugh- Fine!" Coulson waited. "But I can't get up." "Excuse me??" "Just use the key that can open all the doors here." "You're right. Give me a second. And please don't die." "Pfft."
Coulson left and came back with a key. "Can I come in?" "Why are you still asking?" Coulson unlocked the door and found himself in a dark room. He sighed and turned on the light. Actually, he had expected her to sit on the bed. Instead she sat next to the bed and had wrapped her hands around her body. She didn't look at him, just stared at the wall across from him. Coulson picked her up even when she struggled and sat her on the bed. Then he looked at her seriously.
"What the hell Melinda?" She looked him in the face. "Do not ever do that again!" "Then stop playing the hero by walking straight into the battlefield. Just because you..." May paused. "..because you're dying- doesn't mean you have to rush to die." "You took a bullet for me in your stomach!" "Because all I want is to protect you!" "I don't want you to die for me! You still have your whole life ahead of you. I'll die soon anyway!" "Shut up!" "Melin-" "Shut up! Who knows how much time you have left maybe days maybe weeks. You just want to throw this time away. I need this time! I need it with you! Stop acting like nobody cares."
May got up from the bed, contorted in pain. But she didn't care. Coulson tried to hold her back but May stood in front of him and stared into his face. "You expect Daisy to take your place. You can't ask her to accept that you die. You're like a father to her. Daisy loves you. And I love you too. But you don't care."
Coulson gaped at her. May felt the pain go up to her knees and push her down. Coulson caught her.May was still mad but she needed him now. So she pressed herself against him and he sat down with her on the bed. She sat down between his legs and a few tears rolled down her face. He carefully wrapped his arms around her stomach from behind. "I do care, Melinda. But I don't want to make it any harder than it already is." "I don't want to lose you like this." "I'll be more careful next time." May hung her head and whispered. "No..I don't want to lose you.." "I'm sorry.."
They sat like that for a long time. Wrapped tightly around each other. May cried softly into his arms and Coulson tried to calm her down. Eventually May sniffed softly and Coulson let go of her when he realized that she wanted to turn to him. "I want you to say it." "Melinda.." "Please.." "Trust me I should have said it a long time ago, preferably at the Lighthouse, or rather a long time ago." "Then why didn't you do it?" "You and Andrew..." May rolled her eyes. "Ou Please-" "No Melinda, seriously." "Andrew is not here." "I already told you that I don't want to make it any harder for you than it already is." "I don't care. We already arguing like a married couple. So why..."
She swallowed and hung her head again. Coulson felt bad. He felt that whatever he did would be a mistake. It's been ages since May shared her feelings like that. Or rather, the last time before Bahrrain. It must hurt her badly what was going to happen or was it the pain?
Desperately he looked at May and automatically lifted her chin with his hand. "I love you. With all my heart. But you had to understand that you're wasting your time with me." "Who I waste my time on. It's up to me to decide." He looked into her eyes and caught his face getting closer to hers. May's eyes lingered on his lips and she waited until he came even closer.
Then she grabbed his shirt and pulled him into the kiss. A pang of pain shot through her stomach as she leaned forward, but that passed when their lips finally touched.
Now it was both of them wondering why they had waited so long. Coulson broke away and looked at her. "We should have done this much earlier." "Mmm..."
There was a knock. "May?" It was Jemma. "If you're not sleeping. I would have to change your bandage. And it would be better if you spent the night where I keep an eye on you." May sighed. "Wait a second, Jemma." She started to get up but Coulson held her back. He went to the door and opened it. Jemma looked at him in surprise. "Uh- Coulson you here." "I've seen how May is doing. I'll take care of her." "Don't make the bandage too tight and disinfect the wound." "I know Jemma. But thanks for your help." He took the disinfectant and bandages from her and closed the door again. "I hate this-" "Then you can't risk your life for me." "Okay okay Phil. I get it." "I hope so. Ready?" "No." He sat down next to her and May pulled her shirt up to her chest. Coulson carefully untied the bandage and picked up the disinfectant. "Now that might hurt a bit." "I don't ca- Argh!" As Coulson tied the new bandage, his fingers brushed her skin and May shivered. "Don't you ever think of taking a bullet for me again." "I cant promise." "Melinda-" "I love you." Coulson sighed and smiled. "I love you too. But-" "No But." "Melind-" "No. I don't want to hear it." "Fine." There was a brief silence again. "But-" "Phil!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's it!
6:0 PHILINDA
I hope you like it.
By the way I am working on a new cover for the book. But it might take a while before it's finished.
Thank's to all people who read thid book.

See ya!

Philinda Book जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें