XI. Sharing the pain.

Loud shouts coming from the room next door rapidly woke up sleeping man, making him leave a bed in rush. Uchiha got into his lady's room, almost running. Her delicate posture was lighten by moonlight. She was sitting under sheets, covering her terrified, wet from tears face.

Another nightmare.

Sasuke closed Hinata in tight embrance, stroking her wet from sweat back. Navy haired woman held him like he could disappear any minute, but It wasn't going to happen. He was there for her every night and never even thought about leaving.

— Hinata, I'm here. It's over, we are safe. Everything is fine, hime.

Sasuke whispered comfortly, carresing her shoulders that slowly stopped trembling. His presence always calmed lady Hyuga down, she couldn't be more grateful for having someone like him. He softly lifted Hinata's chin, taking burning cheeks in hands and wiped tears with thumbs.

— I-I'm sorry, Sasuke-kun... — the woman said weakly, what met with man's slight frown.

— How many times should I tell you not to apologize? I'm here for you, Hinata. Feel better now?

Hinata slightly nodded, feeling soft kiss placed on her forehead. They stayed for while in hug, no words were needed. Woman's chest calmly moved, just like tickling his bare skin. Sasuke knew she was slowly falling asleep, what also relaxed him. He couldn't stop looking at her beautiful, finally peaceful face, blushed lightly cheeks and soft, rosy lips. Uchiha stroked her back gently and was about to leave, when he felt light grip over his wrist.

— Don't... go... — She muttered with half opened eyes.

Sasuke's gaze softened, he kissed holding him hand gently.

— I'm not going anywhere, my love. — these words made her smile sleeply.

Uchiha joined Hinata under sheets and took her between strong arms, feeling heart beating faster. She made herself comfortable, wrapping hands around his bare chest and kissing it softly, what sent him shivers.

— Thank you, Sasuke...

He heard a soft whisper before her eyes closed again. Shortly after that, the man also fell asleep.

Both of them hadn't slept that peacefully for a long time.

...

The soft, morning light made Hinata open eyes slowly. "Sasuke. He stayed." ~ She thought thrilled, smiling widely. It was the second time when she had that pleasure to see him sleeping by her side. "I can get used to it" another thought came through her head.

After all the events of last month, they chose not to hurry with marriage promises, even if both had already decided to stay by each other's side. Living in family house was too hard for Hinata, so they moved to newly renovated Uchiha manor. For her surprise, Hiashi wasn't against, learnt by made mistakes. He wanted to heal the relationship with daughter, giving her free hand and trusting more Hinata's intuition.

She couldn't even dream about anything better.

Hinata softly caressed his cheek and defined jaw, couldn't stop staring at the man next to her. Sasuke was unbelievably handsome man, sometimes she didn't understand what special he saw in her. To most he was distant, even cold person, but to her and thanks to her, Uchiha changed. He wasn't the Lonely Lord anymore. He had the purpose, someone to live for and make smile. Then, she softly tapped the tip of his nose, Sasuke smirked.

— I knew it. — a soft chuckle left her lips. — Good morning, Sasuke.

Uchiha lazily opened onyx eyes and looked at Hinata with tenderness.