VII. Off guard.

"The round two would decide, whom I'll give my daughter's hand.
Let him in!"

After Hiashi's words, the hall entered high, handsome man with dark brown hair and pale skin. Noone could miss the pair of familiar pale eyes, but these had a silver shine, not lavender like Hinata's. When hers reminded of spring morning, his were like a cold steel. Flesh and blood.

— Neji-san!

Hinata called with surprise, ran to him and took into tight embrance. The man laughed and lift her effortlessly to spin them around. They looked like two kids happy of each other's presence.
That view didn't surprise Uchiha - he had met Neji Hyuga before, but he wouldn't recognize him after these years. He changed a lot, his posture and hands showed the hard training he must had come through.
Cousin carefully put lady Hyuga back, then stood by her father, when he spoke:

"This man is Neji Hyuga, my nephew and Hinata's closest cousin. He is one of the finest warriors in Seven Nations and the personal guard of daimyo's family. He has never lose in any fight. I'm very glad he managed to come here today and help us find the worthy my daughter's hand."

— Thank you, Hiashi-sama. — Neji replied and stepped forward. — I couldn't miss the chance to try the men, who claims they're worthy my lovely cousin's hand. — He smirked, mocking them. — This time your fighting skills will show, if these promises were not just empty words. We'll fight, one by one, until the sword will point at opponent's stomach or the other will have no way to fight back.

Sasuke listened the man carefully, slowly thinking of the tactic. He knew this fight wouldn't be easy, It might be the hardest of all he had gotten in. Such a titles obligated him to be worthy opponent. But he knew that the best plan creates as Hyuga'd start fighting. Uchiha wished not to be the first asked to come. Hinata knew that too. Asked, who shall start, she answered.

— May Lord Okada be your first opponent, Neji-san.

The men nodded and gingerhead stepped forward, taking one of prepared swords from brunette girl with two buns. He stood in front of him and said:

— You won't even scratch me. — the candidate said, but Neji started in the meantime.

The way Hyuga moved was almost unnoticable - it resembled dancing, despite his posture, he moved in almost terrifying speed. The swords crossed rapidly, Touma also turned to be strong enough to keep him on the safe distance. The great warrior kept pushing against him, giving no time to react, but surprisingly, Okada managed to stay unharmed. Suddenly, brunch of wavy, red hair fell on the ground and Sasuke smirked. The candidate's eyes filled with anger, his moves became more chaotic, but still deadly dangerous. This reaction Neji expected and before the opponent could notice, Hyuga got behind and cut him below knees. The redhead shouted in pain, the kick made him fell down. The weapon slipped from his hand, he tried to take it back, but the warrior kicked that away and laid feet on man's back.

— The round wins... — Lord waited five seconds, but Okada didn't stand up or even moved. — ...Neji Hyuga!

The winner released Touma with proudful grin on his face. The man looked at him with hateful gaze, but his hurt pride didn't let him say anything. He left with face of an offended kid and slammed the door leaving. But noone cared about it. One of the maids gave the warrior towel and glass of water to drink, but he seemed not even slightly tired of the previous fight. Hinata's and Sasuke's gaze crossed. She surely was afraid, the way Neji won in five minutes... Uchiha was her only chance. He was the only man, whom she wanted. Also the Lady didn't know, what father planned for her in case of him failing. When she wanted to approach him, other, not that kind member of Hyuuga family came closer to face his next opponent.

— Long time no see, Uchiha. — Neji started.

— Hn. You got better. — Sasuke admited.

— I hope you too. Who could expect to meet you there. After all of this.

— Me and Hinata explained things to each other. — He responded coldly.

— Well... Let's see then, but! I'm not as easy to convince as my cousin, bastard. The break is over! — Neji announced and stood at his place.

Sasuke, in opposite to the last candidate, showed up his family sword. Long, silver blade shined in the light, he surely took a good care of this weapon. He noticed Hinata's hands trembling, so he send her encouraging smile. Neji Hyuga still was just a man, all men had their weak spots. And Uchiha was ready to find them no matter what.

After the sign, the fight started. Sasuke's blows were clear and decisive. The moves - fast, even faster than Neji's, what was a surprise for all. He surely came through hard training and learned from the best. Seeing that, Hyuga stopped getting off him lightly, both of them decided to show their whole potential.
The swords were crossing rapidly, many weapons would break in the meantime. But not theirs. People watched the fight, forgetting about breathing. Sasuke missed the blow from the left side, aimed in opponents stomach, but didn't get it. They ran around, trying to take each other by surprise, but both of them were better than that.
After few minutes, Sasuke threw to the observers one of the black balls from previous task. Neji got distracted for a moment, but it was enough for Uchiha to disarm the opponent. On his face showed a smirk:

— Same daimyo's guard shouldn't get on such tacky trick. Maybe you should change the job, Hyuga.

The man grit his teeth, angry at himself. But, he wasn't going to give up.
Neji took the posture to taijutsu. At this sign, Sasuke tossed his blade to side, also ready to fight with bare hands.
The men get into a deadly dance, exchanged punched and kicks that could easily break bones, but the taken guard and fast duks prevented them  from that. The cold sweat ran through Hinata's spine. How it was possible to become that strong?
Suddenly, Uchiha broke through opponents guard and punched him in chest. Hinata felt how her breath stops. The warrior coughed with blood, but there was no way for him to give up. His gaze was burning. Finally, he found another, worthy rival.
Both men kept pushing against each other, legs and fists rose to the air filled with tension. "I've never seen anyone fighting like that." - someone whispered. That was the fight between two masters.
It was like the lightening. Sasuke used the power of Neji's kick, pulled his leg and throwed him roughly on the ground. The opponent coughed again with blood, tried to turn on his back, but couldn't. Uchiha kept him down with knee, taking arms back.
All the hall stayed silent, looking at the scene. Neji wanted to fight back,  but a hard grip didn't let him.
Five second pasted, but Hiashi Hyuga didn't say anything. Noone could believe their own eyes.

Neji Hyuga lost the fight for the first time.

Hinata couldn't get from the shock that almost paralyzed her. After a moment, she announced:

— The round wins... Sasuke Uchiha.

Uchiha let Hyuga go. His gaze crossed with Hinata, who had tears in eyes.

He won.

Before anyone could react, the hall entered guards. All the sights turned to them. One of them handled the shinigami mask, the same Mei described Hinata. What was going on?

"Lord Sasuke Uchiha, you're under arrest for the attended murder of Lord Naruto Uzumaki. You have the right to stay silent."