VIII. Lost hope.

The cold, dark and wet dungeon. That was his win.

Uchiha was sitting in the darkest corner of his cell, curling legs to safe some warmth. After he had left the training hall, with hands locked in chains like a criminal, he tried to free himself, but all he achieved was getting beaten to unconsciousness. From that moment he had been tortured and interrogated few times a day, he stopped even counting. Noone listened his explanations, noone even thought that Sasuke didn't do that. He wasn't proud of his past, did many awful things, but he'd never do something that cruel.
Sasuke hadn't even seen that mask before. What was it doing in his room? The answer was obvious.

Someone wanted to frame him.

Guards tried all their best to make him confess by abuse, manipulation, threats. But nothing of these worked, because Sasuke would never admit to something he hadn't done. Noone believed him. The feeling of loneliness was unbearable.

Sasuke had thought a lot about what would happen, but surprisingly, his own fate didn't bother him. He still had in mind Hinata's beautiful eyes in shade of lavender, her pale as porceline skin, so soft in touch just like lips tasting like cherries. He wished to see her once again, prove the innocence, tell her about his feelings. He didn't want to die before that. She was the dearest to his heart and the best thing in that awful life. The only reason to move forward. Sasuke couldn't loose her again.
But this time, he felt helpless. Tried so hard, but it didn't even matter.
U

chiha had no impact on what would come next.

"I have the right to see the man, who had done this to me. I want to face that son of a bitch. "

These words got his attention, he fastly recognized Uzumaki's voice. Sasuke cursed in his thoughts. Did he believe these accusations? Blonde guy was the only witness of that event and was the most important figure in that sick game, had power to prove his innocence. If he had blamed him, noone could save him from the death penalty. He would shame his family and Hinata. As he heard the moving wheelchair and footsteps, the cold sweat ran through spine.
Then they appeared. In company of guards, Naruto with pink haired leader of medics. Their faces showed all the emotions he saw before ‐ rage, disgust, hate. Sasuke knew there was no hope for him. The massive door opened loudly and they entered his cell.

"Leave us. We have things to discuss."

Unwillingly, the men left them in cell and closed behind.

The silence between three of them was unbearable. Uchiha felt a tight knot of stress in stomach.

Suddenly, the woman nodded to Uzumaki and he said:

— Shit, buddy, what they had done to you. You look worse than ran over stray dog, dattebayo.

— Quiter, dumbass, they'll hear us! — she said and punched him in head.

— Ahh, Sakura-chan! — he almost shouted in surprise.

Uchiha couldn't believe his own eyes. That was nothing he could expect.

— What the hell is going on? — he asked in shock.

— We are here to help, Uchiha-san. I'm Sakura, you surely know Naruto. His life you saved. — The medic said and took the first aid kit from the pocket, ready to take care of dark haired man's wounds.

— Yes man and I'm hundred procent sure that you're innocent, dattebayo.

Sasuke felt like his heart stops. They... believed him?

— What is happening up there? What's with Hinata? Is she safe? — Sasuke's questions were faster than shot bullets.

— Easy buddy, Hinata-chan is safe. But there are good and bad news. — Naruto grit his teeth. — The bad - she is getting married in two days.

— WHAT THE FUCK?! — Sasuke shouted, his whole world ruined in one second. He wanted to run, go to her. Do something.

— Don't move! — Sakura pulled him back.

— With who? I have to know. — his tone was demanding.

— With that Okada bastard. Even if he didn't fight Neji, they chose him.

Uchiha felt how blood boiled in his veins.

— I won't let him lay his dirty hands on her. — He announced more serious than ever before.

— None of us let him. — The pink haired said.

— "Us"? What "us"?

All of us. — Naruto said, Sasuke was feeling numb. — Sakura-chan, me, Kiba, Shino, Mei, even Neji. And of course, Hinata. When I made her sure, she took us all together.

— Thanks to her, the best Izunuka trackers with dogs are exploring the areas where he attacked me and where your carrige burnt. We think that for both of these things is responsible one person. We have some suspicions, but we have to wait. People from Aburame clan are examining the evidences, including the mask. Lady Hinata is very motivated to get you out of here and with her stubborness, she'll surely do it. — Sakura said.

Sasuke laughed hearing them. Again, little Hyuga was the one, who was saving him. And he had lots of ideas how to return these favors.

— And she wanted us to tell you. Believe in her.

His eyes glistened, smirk showed on his face.

— I always did.

Suddenly, they heared upcoming footsteps and voices. Sakura fastly packed her things and when guards came back, Naruto shouted:

— I wish you burning in hell for this, mother fucker!

Uchiha thought Uzumaki enjoyed his role too much. But that wasn't important.

Hinata believed in his innocence.

There still was hope.

...

Hinata hated the man, who was becoming her husband the next day.

The way he talked to her, how he licked his sharp teeth on the view of female curves, talks about their future kids. It scared her and disgusted at the same time.

During last days, Hinata almost didn't sleep at all. She used to cry a lot. From the same beginning she belived in Sasuke's innocence. He did many bad things in the past (Hyuga knew about some of them), but she was sure that Uchiha hadn't done that. It was even illogical. Why would he safe the person he tried to kill and risk failing the task? And why would he hide evidences in his own room? And when? As soon as they arrived, Hinata fainted and he was seen directing with her in arms to her bedroom. Lady Hyuga asked all the servants, who worked that day and everyone admited that Uchiha hadn't left the room before Mei had come. And Hinata was the only one, who knew about the entrance to a secret passage.

Hinata tried to talk with her father, but he didn't even want to discuss without evidences of his innocence. And she was ready to give him these.
Tight relations with families of two other candidates and bit of luck was all the young woman needed.

But the time was their biggest enemy.

She badly wanted to run away from upcoming marriage duties and same groom, who kept bothering her during freetime. Hinata was directing to the library, when something stopped her. That was the conversation between Hiashi and some man in his office. Things they said seemed rather strange, very suspicious. Even If it wasn't right to eavesdrop, young Hyuga decided to stop by the wall and peek.

Lord Hyuga was sitting on the couch with the unknown, old man dressed like a monk. Was he one of divaners? Why the man, who always kept explaining things rationally, invited someone like that? That was more than strange.

"So, nothing changed?" — Hiashi asked nervously.

"Nothing, Lord Hyuga. It was said centuries ago. The two children of destiny that might wake their eyes. The pure, lavender flower and the red from blood fan were written to each other, but the curse changed that vision. The flower is going to die after giving the promise to a beast. Visions include the fan, who will try to save the lavender flower. But fail. The flower must die from beast's hand."

"That's not possible! The beast won't get her, he is in the dungeon! She is not marrying him!"

Lord Hyuga stood up and started nervously walking through the office.

"There is nothing we can do? I'm begging you, I don't want to burry my daughter too."

The old man closed wrinkled eyelids, trying to focus.

"There is a chance. The fan would save the flower only, if the one, who loves the flower the most would sacrifice own life."