II. At all costs.

The music changed. Became quiter as the prelude before something. The voices lowered, the tension was feelable in the air.

That was the time.

The woman showed up by the beginning of huge stairs connecting a balcony with the great hall. Her wide, navy blue dress contrasted with pale, but softly blushed skin, raven dark hair were softly falling on delicate shoulders. Her lavender eyes were shining more than diamonds on her necklace. Lady's moves were slow, graceful, hypnotizing. Breathtaking, enchanting. Noone could take eyes of her.

Hinata knew there is no place to hide from their hungry, piercing gazes. "Don't let your fear control you. You are much stronger than this. " ~ she repeated the words once heard from the teacher. These sticked in her head and had came everytime she felt weak or helpless. That moment was another of fights she had.
When she got on an oak parquet, Lady Hinata felt the relief. She made a wonderful first impression. They didn't have to wait long for a huge birthday cake with eighteen candles on and wish to give.
Then, Hinata noticed something, the movement between people. In front of her stood the bunch of young man in rich clothing. The first of them, high blonde with tanned skin and blue eyes, tossed his blade to her feet, saying:

" I, Naruto from Uzumaki family, am declaring myself as the candidate for your hand, my Lady. "

Lady Hinata couldn't help her heart pounting insanely, the cold sweat was running through her spine.
he felt the weight of her destiny - all of these young man would compete and she was the award. They sent here various kind of gazes- most were filled with adoration, some showed greed, but some other - something animal like. She was scared of them.

...

— What is that? — The Lonely Lord asked a driver, when the carrige slowed down.

Silence. He looked from behind the curtain. They stopped in the middle of a road between woods, but the Lord knew exactly, where they are. He remember the way from his home to Hyuuga manor very well, he used to drive there since he was a kid. Just like his driver. So why did he hesitate?

" Something is there, my... "

The whistle of an arrow didn't let him finish the sentence and spooked the horses, which nervouslystood on their back hooves. Suddenly, the rain of flaming arrows fell on the carrige, breaking windows, almost shooting man inside.
The fire spread through the carrige with chocking smoke. He had to act fastly. The Lord left a burning and pinned to the seat coat, looking through the broken window.
The animals spinned blindly forward, the old driver was lying dead by them. Looking back, he noticed horsemen chasing him. An arrow aimed in him, luckily missed a head, but ripped an earlobe in half. Another sticked in his left arm.
" Fuck "
A few ideas came through his head, but only one had the biggest chances to work.
After a deep breath, the man handled the frame and lifted himself to leave the carrige by the window. The blowing, winter wind and an injured arm didn't help him keep the balance, but with a decided move he got into the driver's place. After turning behind, he saw the opponents getting closer. there was only one chance.
With an adrenaline burning in his veins, he jumped on the back of a faster horse and unpinned the animals from the carrige. Holding it tightly, the Lord managed to took control. The burning carrige rode on the tree with a heavy bang, stopping the assassins. But when they managed to move on, the Lonely Lord was far away.

" I have to be there, at all costs. "

...

After twenty minutes of meeting all fourteen candidates, the whole hall became silent. Hinata could feel that silence inside her bones, it's weight could pinch the delicate, but strong body to the ground. The Lady was sure their faces wouldn't leave her even in dreams, slaving mind and soul. She wondered, how many of them would hate her after this competition. How many of them would wish her suffer. They wouldn't even have to - that destiny judged her to fall. Then, Hiashi Hyuuga stepped forward to state:

" So there are all... "

— Not all.

The sudden announcement stopped Lord Hyuuga from finishing. The air thickened and vibrated, the liquids glasses became cloudy. The wind blowed to windows, the paralyzing cold came through all guests. Whispers spreaded, the crowd divided in front of one man. All eyes turned to him. "That's not possible..." ~ Hinata's eyes wide opened.
He was coming there in shattered clothing, all in blood. Not as a boy, but as a man. He changed diamatrically, but she could recognize him everywhere. His sure gaze, hard like a stone, looking only at one - her.

The Lord couldn't help staring at her, the heart raced in his chest, cold sweat run through his body, he felt hot and cold at the same time. He didn't believe his own eyes. How that always embarrassed girl could turn into such an astonishing woman? She had been always weak, but now - the Lady seemed to be someone worth the respect. Worth getting there despite these obstacles.

The last candidate stood in front of her. He was severly hurt, but nothing could stop him from saying:

— I, Sasuke, the last from Uchiha house, am willing to fight for your hand, Hinata.

After these words he rapidly sticked the blade to the ground. Suddenly, the huge gap opened by Uchiha's blade, stopping by Hyuuga's feet. All the glasses and windows in the great hall blowed into pieces, the hard, icy wind got inside, putting out fire from candles and a fireplace. Terrified people started screaming, running to the exit on broken glass, but some kept staring without making a move. Noone understood what was happening. On the other side, Hinata stood there, exchanging gazes with Sasuke, like they absoluty didn't care about anything else.
Then, his gaze became foggy, all the strenght left him and he fell on the ground.