16

Riley

Now that Beth has left us alone I feel like I can breathe again, I can walk through the school halls without getting shouted at.
I do still sometimes get stares but I know they're only talking about what Beth did so I don't really mind that. James has returned to his usual bubbly happy self and that's honestly so incredible to see.

Even Piper has gained her confidence back and is thriving in everything she does. 

I'm currently sat next to Maisie in our last lesson of the day and she is still not being her usual self around me, I've tried asking her what's wrong in the past but she's just brushed it off.
Something clearly has to be wrong for Maisie to still be acting this way. 

"Are you ready to tell me what's wrong?" I whisper to Maisie so the teacher doesn't hear
"What makes you think somethings wrong?" Maisie whispered back not taking her eyes off her work laid on the desk in front of her

"You've been acting really weird around me, have I done something?" I ask Maisie making her finally look in my eyes and say
"you didn't listen to my warnings Ri, James isn't a nice person"

"From what I've heard James wasn't ever the issue with Beth" I say with furrowed eyebrows
"It wasn't all Beth" Maisie states, a slight pause before her features soften
"look Ri I'm just trying to look out for you, I don't want you to get hurt" Maisie continues while resting her hand on mine
" I know you are, I'm sorry I didn't listen to you but I couldn't stop my feelings Maisie" I say softly

"I know, it's okay" Maisie replied giving me a soft smile before continuing with her class work making me do the same.

--

"Right guys!" Miss Kate shouts gaining everyone's attention
"As we all know regionals are a week away so we need to make sure all our routines are absolutely perfect! You're all going to take it in turns to show the rest of the group" Miss Kate finishes making all us head to the side of the room all waiting for our turn.

One by one everyone shows off what they've come up with and every single person nails their routine.
The atmosphere in A Troupe was incredible, all of us were extremely proud of one another.
Once everybody had performed we had a massive group hug and congratulated everyone. 

After dance practice myself and James go to our spot it's the only place we can go without being disturbed by anybody.
I sit down with my back up against the tree running my hand through James' hair as his head lay on my lap, both of us just sat in silence enjoying the peace.

We always manage to get here just in time to watch the sunset, Parkway Alley is quickly becoming my favourite place to be. 

"You're so beautiful" James says while looking up at me with one hand stroking my cheek.
I smile and say
"Thankyou, you're very handsome yourself" making James blush and covering his cheeks thinking I wouldn't notice making me chuckle.

"You saw that didn't you" James quietly I nod my head only making him blush more. James lays his head back on my legs with his head facing the sunset.

"This is my favourite time of day" I say once again running my hands through his hair
"It's mine too" James agrees.
The amount of things we have in common in crazy, James is like the male version of me.