The Aftermath, The Truth is Revealed

Start from the beginning

Kibito cracked a smile understanding his superior's state of enthusiasm.

"Shall we proceed to announce ourselves, Lord Shin?" Kibito questioned.

Shin merely shook his head, answering, "No, not now. The mortals need time to sort out their affairs. Once things settle down a bit, we shall reveal ourselves to Son Gohan. For now, let us be off."

Kibito nodded, saying, "Of course, Lord Shin."

Standing next to Shin, Kibito and his superior were enveloped by a sparkling light as they vanished from the cliff that the mysterious figures once stood on.

North Kai's Planet, Other World, Age 774

Goku and King Kai sat on the grass of the Kai's lawn, watching all of the events of West City with Bubbles, King Kai's pet monkey. Goku, seeing his son's victory, smiled the whole time with no sign of stopping.

"...Wow! He pulled it off after all! All by himself, no less!" King Kai smiled. "It seems that your boy took a lot after you, Goku."

Folding his arms, Goku said, "Ya know what? I guess he does, doesn't he? I knew Gohan had it in him. Freezer's brother never stood a chance!"

"Apparently, not." King Kai said with a chuckle. "You could say that your son put Cooler...on ice! Bwahahahaha! Get it!? Because his name is Cooler? Hahahahaha! Ahhh, I crack myself up sometimes."

Goku wearily laughed at his mentor's awful jokes while placing his finger on his chin thoughtfully.

"Huh, I wonder where he learned to absorb all of that destructive energy from. I know I haven't taught him that, nor do I think Piccolo could pull that off."

"I'm not sure myself." King Kai said as he calmed down from his hysterical uproar. "That was a very strange way to manipulate ki."

Turning to Goku, King Kai stated, "Speaking of which, I forgot to mention that I was recently contacted by Dai Kaiō. He wanted to offer a reward for your great services to your planet which includes the sacrifice you've made seven years ago."

Goku childishly perked up in shock and excitement, saying, "Woah, the Grand Kai? Rewarding me? That's sure is somethin'! Well, what does he want to give me?"

"An offer," King Kai said while holding up an index finger from his right hand. "Not many mortals have this divine privilege, but Dai Kaiō has taken a liking to you. Therefore, he gave me permission to allow you access to this information."

"...I'm not following ya, King Kai." Goku said, scratching the back of his head sheepishly.

"Goku, what if I told you that everything that you know about ki is only scratching the surface of it?" King Kai questioned with a smile.

"Huh," Goku blinked as he looked completely stumped. "What do ya mean by scratchin' the surface? My ki is plenty strong. I'm sure training with it like I always do can make me even stronger. You've seen what I've achieved during my time here when I went Beyond Super Saiyan."

King Kai nodded, saying, "That's true as well, especially given how strong Super Saiyan Level Three is. However, that is a result of training using your genetics and regular ki. Although my status is of importance in the hierarchy, I am mortal. That allows me to use my natural ki and refine its practice. That is also the reason you can sense my presence. But now watch this..."

Suddenly, an oddly teal colored aura surrounded King Kai, which shook the one tree and the ground as Goku and the monkey covered their faces to block the gust of wind.

Goku, trying to sense King Kai's energy, found himself dumbfounded at the revelation he discovered.

"K-King Kai! Your energy, I can't-" Goku tried explaining, only for the Kai to finish his sentence.