Chapter 15: Birthday Girl

"Here, this should work," Adam said, handing Keith a purple and pink present bag.

Keith suspiciously cocked an eyebrow up, inspecting the bag. "She doesn't like pink," Keith said, handing the bag to Adam.

Adam sighed, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "What little girl doesn't like pink?"

"Willow," Keith simply stated. "Do you have anything red or blue? Or maybe purple without the pink?"

"Let me look," Adam muttered, tossing the pink bag aside. He continued to dig through the plastic bin of wrapping paper, present bags, bows, and tissue paper. After a few moments, he managed to find a black bag that said 'Happy Birthday' in red glitter. "What about this?"

"Perfect, thank you," Keith said, taking the bag from Adam. Adam then pulled out a ziplock bag filled with different colored tissue paper, giving that to Keith as well.

Keith dug around in his coat pocket for his switchblade, needing something sharpe to open a box. He finally found the black and purple detailed blade on the inside pocket. Keith flipped it open, digging it into the tape on the sides of the box.

"What time is the party again?" Shiro asked, walking around the kitchen island.

"Four. I need to leave here in a few minutes if I want to be on time," Keith mumbled, glancing at the clock hanging on the wall.

"Oh? Keith is trying to do something in a timely manner? This must be important," Adam teased, walking towards his boyfriend. Shiro found that far too funny, throwing his head back in a laugh.

"Yes, it is very important," Keith stated. Once he finally got the package open, he glanced down into the box. Keith smiled happily, seeing how Amazon didn't mess up his order in the slightest. He pulled Willow's gift out of the cardboard box, dropping it into the gift bag.

"How important can a six-year-old birthday party be?" Adam asked, wrapping his arms around Shiro's waist.

"It's not the kid, it's the kid's dad," Shiro claimed, answering the question for Keith.

"Oh, that makes perfect sense!"

"That's not true!" Keith protested.

"Yes, it is," Shiro responded with a smirk. "I know everything."

Keith rested a hand against the kitchen table, raising an eyebrow. "What do you know?"

"I'd like to know as well, please share," Adam added.

"Matt's little sister is friends with her dad, Lance, and he told Pidge everything and Pidge told Matt everything... And of course, Matt just had to tell me," Shiro explained. He hadn't mentioned anything of Keith's affairs, even though he knew for a while now. Shiro had been waiting for the perfect time to ask, now seeming to fit the situation.

Keith's eyes went wide with surprise before quickly narrowing. "That's not any of your business," he spat, shoving his index finger in Shiro's direction. Keith didn't even know why he was surprised, his brother had always been known to invade his privacy. Regardless, Shiro clearly knew much more than he needed to.

"You're right, but since I already know you might as well explain," Shiro urged.

"What? No—"

"I'm confused, what happened?" Adam asked curiously, gazing up at his boyfriend.

"None of your business," Keith sighed, rolling his eyes. He continued wrapping Willow's gift, taking the colorful tissue paper and shoving it into the bag to help hide to gift. After coving it thoroughly, he then neatly folded a few pieces to stick out the top.