Chapter 9: Drunk and Stupid

//Trigger warning// attempted date rape.
________________________

Lance whipped his head around in every possible direction, determined to find the owner of those indigo eyes. He knew damn well those chills down his spine and hair standing at the back of his neck weren't for nothing.

Lance had always gotten a weird feeling when someone was staring at him, but this one was different. He felt a whole new kind of uncomfortable when this certain person was staring at him.

It was only when Lance turned to the right of him he spotted the culprit. Sitting on the staircase, almost towards the bottom, was Keith. His eyes were locked onto Lance, head tilted down, gazing up at the Cuban.

Lance felt his breath catch in his throat at the sight of his neighbor. His ink-black hair was slicked back, a single curl falling against the forehead Lance never knew existed. Seriously, Keith's bangs always covered the majority of his face.

His purplish eyes were lined with thick black liner, circling his almond-shaped eyes perfectly. His cheekbones were covered in silver glitter that stretched all the way above his eyebrows, small metallic stars added into the shimmer. His lips were covered in sparkly gloss that caught the light when he raised his head.

Lance cursed the man, biting his lip in anger. He hated to admit it, and he hated himself for even thinking about it, but Keith looked good. Good was an understatement, Lance knew that. He just didn't want to admit that he was actually checking Keith out.

Lance also wouldn't admit to the way he literally stopped breathing for a few seconds when he first laid eyes on Keith, LED lights catching the glitter so beautifully Lance couldn't help it.

"What is he doing here?" Lance asked in a raised tone, hoping his friends would be able to hear him over the music. He crossed his arms over his chest, now staring right back at Keith.

"Who?" Pidge yelled over the music, turning in the direction Lance was looking. Matt and Hunk followed suit, turning towards Lance curiously.

"Him!" Lance yelled, pointing to Keith with his index finger.

"Oh! You remember when I said he looked familiar?" Matt asked, also trying to talk over loads of people and music. They all nodded, urging him to continue. "That's Shiro's little brother!"

"What?" Lance yelped.

"Yeah, they're not blood-related or anything. I think Keith might be adopted or Shiro's foster brother... Either way, they've known each other since they were little and considered themselves to be brothers," Matt further explained.

"You have to be fucking kidding me!" Lance hollered, shaking his head in complete disbelief. "I need a drink."

...

Keith wasn't necessarily a party person. In fact, he hated parties. Big crowds of intoxicated people acting like fools, music so loud to the point he couldn't even hear himself think, and dark areas where he didn't have a complete awareness of his surroundings. The whole situation made Keith anxious and annoyed.

Keith couldn't even tell you why he was there at a fucking party. What he could tell you was there was a list of things playing through his head that he'd rather be doing right now. Despite all that, he was there for his brother.

When Shiro originally asked Keith to attend his New Year party Keith flat out said no. Shiro was persistent though, and he asked every single day till Keith finally said yes. Keith was determined at first. He always caved when it came to his older brother but this time Keith hoped would be different. His efforts of denying only lasted so long, as he quickly got tired of the daily texts begging him to attend.