Chapter 12: Undeniably Addicting

SMUT WARNING
__________________________

Keith pushed open his front door, leading Lance inside his apartment. He lightly brushed his hand against the wall, searching for the light switch. Once he found it he flicked it on, providing light throughout the living room.

Lance shut the heavy door behind himself, turning the lock. He then turned back around, eyes scanning the surrounding areas. Lance began to look around the unfamiliar apartment, gaze darting in all different directions.

He frowned his eyebrows together, displaying his confusion. Keith's apartment was a mess to say the very least. The living room was cluttered with cardboard boxes and packing peanuts. Boxes were stacked on top of the couch and against the wall, smaller ones gathered on top of the kitchen island. Lance couldn't tell if Keith was still moving in or moving out.

"You've been here for like what? Three months and you still haven't finished unpacking?" Lance asked, continuing to look around the room. He couldn't see why Keith would put off unpacking for so long? How could he live out of a bunch of boxes?

Keith chuckled a little, tossing his keys onto the kitchen counter. He stepped on the back of his timberlands, shaking the black boots off his feet. "Listen, it's a lot of work," Keith explained, laughing at Lance's expression.

Lance looked at Keith in disbelief, wondering how much work it could possibly be. "Is it a lot of work or are you just lazy?"

Keith shrugged, not wanting to answer that question. "Want a drink? You know without ketamine?" Keith joked, walking around the island to the kitchen.

"What you got?" Lance asked, pushing a few boxes aside to lean against the island. He watched as Keith reached inside of a cabinet under the sink, shuffling around to find something good.

"Patron?"

Lance frowned a little, turning his head to the side. "I don't like light," he explained.

Keith laughed a little, grabbing a bottle. He lightly dropped it on the counter in front of Lance before moving to another cabinet for glasses. "Neither do I."

Lance's eyes lit up at the sight of the bottle. It was a darker kind of patron, Lance's favorite, Extra Anejo. The bottle was opened but looked barely used. "My kind of man," Lance giggled, pulling the cork out of the bottle.

Keith placed two tequila glasses next to the bottle, gesturing for Lance to pour the alcohol. Lance did, filling each glass close to the bottom just as tequila was supposed to be poured. He then placed the cork back into the bottle before pushing a glass towards Keith.

Keith swirled the almond-colored liquid around the bottom of the glass, watching it for a second. Lance had taken a sip, making a sour face at the burning sensation in his throat. Keith snickered at Lance's expression before taking a drink from his own glass. He didn't make a face, completely satisfied at the bitter taste of the aged tequila. Keith then took another sip, nearly finishing the glass.

"Show off," Lance said with a groan.

Keith laughed a little, staring at the little liquid remaining at the bottom of the glass. "Wouldn't say that," Keith mumbled, the taste starting to get to him. "it's still nasty."

Lance nodded his head in agreement, taking the last bit of tequila as a shot and completely downing it. "Yuck," Lance whispered. Although he wasn't fond of the taste, Lance still felt too sober for this situation. He poured himself another glass, making Keith chuckle at the sight.

Lance pushed himself off the counter, eyes wandering around the room. He took a small sip of his drink before taking it on his tour around Keith's apartment. Lance knew there wasn't much to look at considering everything was still in boxes, but there was still a few items that piqued his interest. One of those items was a deep brown dresser sitting in the corner of the room, next to the couch.