Chapter 7: All I Want For Christmas

"I'm home!" Lance called throughout his apartment, gently shutting the door behind him.

"Tío Lance!" two voices yelled in unison, followed by the stomping of feet running down the hall.

Two six-year-olds dashed towards Lance. Wide smiles were plastered on their faces as if they were hooked up on tons of sugar. They were twins, one boy, and one girl.

The girl was Lilian, she was a tad bit shorter than her brother but other than that they were identical. Her long brown hair was braided, tied back into two ponytails with white beads at the ends, bouncing behind her as she ran to her uncle. She wore a pink turtle neck with a dark pink skirt and thick black leggings. A long rainbow beaded necklaces hung from her neck, sliver string holding it together.

The boy was Vincent, full of energy and as excited as ever. They had matching brown eyes and freckles that seemed to run through the family. Their skin was a deep brown, darker than both Lance and Willow. Vincent had shortly cut hair that was full of curls, always reminding Lance of his older brother. He wore a dark blue crew neck with light-washed jeans, socks making him slip on the hardwood floor.

"Hey, guys!" Lance got down on his knees, opening his arms and bracing for impact. The twins nearly tackled him in a hug, both hanging around his neck. Lance chuckled, long arms wrapping around his niece and nephew.

"Papa!" Willow's voice yelled in excitement.

Within a second a third child was added to the group hug, Lance stumbling back against the wooden door. He laughed this time, nearly suffocating from how tight they were squeezing. Lance didn't mind in the slightest, loving affection from his family more than anything. He did miss his niece and nephew as well, not having seen them since their shared birthday in September.

"Ah, Tío! Look what Willow made me!" Lilian said. She backed up a little, along with his daughter and Vincent. Lilly gripped the rainbow necklace, holding it out for Lance to see.

"She made me one too!" Vincent said, pulling up his sleeve and holding out his arm. On his wrist was a blue and gray beaded bracelet, this one held together by a clear string.

"Awh, they look great, guys. You did an amazing job, princess," Lance said, reaching out to cup his daughters cheek. Willow smiled, closing her eyes as she nuzzled her face into Lance's palm.

"They've been making jewelry since we got home from ice skating," a familiar voice spoke from down the hall.

Lance arose from his crouched position, stranding up straight. He cracked a smile at the sight of his sister-in-law, Dee. She was a petite woman, standing at 5'1 with a curvy figure. She had long, black, box braids that nearly went down to her butt. Her eyes resembled her kids, chocolate brown with thick strip lashes framing them. She was dark-skinned and a beautiful sight. Bright red lipstick filled her thick lips, matching her red knee-high boots. Along with those lace-up heels she wore black leggings and a black tight-knit sweater.

"Hello, gorgeous," Lance greeted with a chuckle. He carefully stepped around the kids, approaching the woman happily. "Long time no see."

Dee laughed, arms wrapping around Lance's slim waist and yanking him into a hug. "We miss you at home. Twins never stop talking about how much they wanna see Willow," Dee said in her signature sweet voice, sounding as if she could be an elementary teacher.

"I miss you guys too and trust me Willow is the same... Thank you for driving all this way to watch her, I know how long it can be with Vince and Lilly," Lance said in a grateful tone, pulling away to get a look at the beautiful woman.

Dee shook her head in a laugh, saying, "You're telling me? They were bouncing off the walls to see their uncle and cousin."

The main reason Dee and her twins drove from Rockford to Chicago was to take the kids to see Santa at the Museum of Science and Industry. It was a little tradition Lance and his older brother came up with when the kids were born. They took both the twins and Willow to take pictures and talk with Santa at the same place every year. It was something to help the kids stay connected with the distance and gave both families time to visit with each other.