"And nobody had to, all right? They'll just go upstairs."

"Sam, we're not leaving you alone with him."

"Yes, you are. Look, Max, you're in charge here, all right? We'll know that. No one's gonna do anything that you don't want to do, but I'm talking five minutes here, man."

Karina warned him, "Sam!"

He lifted a finger at her. Max turned to Ms. Miller, thinking of Sam's suggestion. He turned to Sam, still pointing a gun at them. "Five minutes." The chandelier above them stopped shaking. "Go."

Dean walked to Ms. Miller, getting her upstairs. Karina bent down on her blade and picked it up from the floor. She hid it in her jacket. Max was still pointing the gun at Sam. Sam and Karina shared a look before she departed up the stairs with Dean and Ms. Miller.

***

Dean was checking on Karina's wound first before Ms. Miller. He put the bloody rag away from her hand. He was experiencing it for a little while, and he commented on the wound. "You don't need stitches. You'll live."

He grabbed the first aid kit offered by Ms. Miller, he opened it. Karina was drowning in her thoughts, thinking about Sam. She spoke from her mind, "I don't like this."

"I know. We promised, right?"

"But still..." Dean opened the ointment cream, and gently put it on Karina's wound. "Sam's got a point though. He was confused about his abilities and abused by his family. All his mind was revenge."

"Doesn't mean that he didn't like his abilities. He enjoyed it. He enjoyed the killing. He's a monster, Karina. You know that."

Dean put the ointment cap on forcefully and grabbed the gauze pad in her hand. He began wrapping the tape around her pad on her palm. "I know... but what if it was Sam? Would you kill him? If he kills me or you, or both?"

Dean stopped for a moment, thinking about what Karina said. He looked straight into her eyes, "I'm scared, Karina. I'm really scared of what's going to happen to him. What if he'll become Max? What if he'll become a monster that we have to kill. My brother?"

He continued wrapping her hand, "As long he has us, he won't be. As long as we take care of him, he won't be. As long as he lived his life, no matter what, he will have us."

Dean smiled softly and finished with the tape. He grabbed the scissor and cut the tape. He began to tie it, "You know, for a cold-blooded huntress, you ain't bad."

"Don't get too soft on me, Dean Winchester. You're still wanting to kick me out, right?"

Dean put her hand away and looked at her. He smiled softly at her, without blinking, "Not at the moment. You're my friend. I'd rather have that for a moment until you're gone."

Karina nodded and looked at Dean. They both smiled. Karina walked to Ms. Miller who was sitting on the end of the bed. She grabbed the cloth and began touching it up on her wound.

The door opened itself, entering Max without Sam by his side. Dean and Karina looked at Max, Dean moved toward him. When the door closed behind Max, he sent Dean flying and crashed into the wall. Karina rushed over to Dean, but Max sent her flying to another wall. Her head banged behind her. They both groaned in pain, forcing themselves to get up.

Ms. Miller yelled, "Max!"

Max grabbed Dean's gun from his pocket. Dean came over to Karina, getting her to stand. They froze when the gun was pointing at both of them. They both walked toward him but stopped for a moment. Seeing what they're seeing. Max let go of the gun, letting the gun float itself from Max's mind.