The Time Turner

(Y/N) groans a little before she opens her eyes. "Harry, (Y/N)." She looks up and sees her friend Hermione above her. "I saw my parents." Harry said. "What?" Hermione asked. "They sent the dementors away. I saw them across the lake." Harry said, quickly, as he sits up in his bed. "Guys, they've captured Sirius. Any minute the dementors are gonna perform the Kiss." Hermione said. "They're gonna kill him?" (Y/N) asked. "No. It's worse. Much worse. They're going to suck out his soul." Hermione said and the door to the Hospital Wing opens and Dumbledore comes in. (Y/N) quickly runs over to him. "Headmaster, you've got to stop them. They've got the wrong man." She said as Harry jumps up out of his bed. "It's true. Sirius is innocent." Harry said. "It's Scabbers who did it." Ron said. "Scabbers?" Dumbledore asked baffled. "He's my rat, sir. He's not really a rat. He was a rat. He was my brother Percy's rat. But then they gave him an owl..." Ron rambles and Hermione sighs and turns to Dumbledore. "The point is, we know the truth. Please believe us." She begs. "I do, Miss Granger. But the word of four 13-year-old wizards will convince few others." He replied and walks to Ron's bed. "A child's voice, however honest and true...is meaningless to those who have forgotten how to listen." He said as he pats Ron's injured leg, making Ron whimper in pain.

"Mysterious thing, time." Dumbledore said as he walks away from Ron's bed and slowly walks towards the door. "Powerful...and when meddled with, dangerous. Sirius Black is in the topmost cell of the Dark Tower." Then he turns to Hermione. "You know the laws, Miss Granger. You must not be seen. And you would do well, I feel, to return before this last chime. If not, the consequences are too ghastly to discuss. If you succeed tonight... more than one innocent life may be spared. Three turns should do it, I think." He said to Hermione, giving her a wink then turns to the door and starts to shut the door but turns around. "Oh, and by the way. When in doubt, I find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin. Good luck." He then shuts the door. . "What the bloody hell was that all about?" Ron asked. Hermione turns to him as she pulls on a gold chain around her neck. "Sorry, Ron, but seeing as you can't walk..." she then puts chain around her neck, (Y/N)'s, and Harry's neck. In the middle of the chain was what looked like an hourglass. Harry tried to reach out towards the hourglass but Hermione smacks his hand and turns the hourglass three times. Then time begins to move backwards rapidly until they were back in time. "What just happened?" Harry asked. "Where's Ron?" "7:30. Where were we at 7:30?" Hermione asked. "Going to Hagrid's." (Y/N) said. Hermione grabs their hands. "Come on. And we can't be seen." The trio run out of the Hospital Wing and out towards the courtyard and towards the bridge. "Hermione! Hermione!" Harry shouted. "Hermione, wait." Harry said and the three stop towards the end of the bridge. "Hermione, will you please tell us what it is we're doing?" Harry asked but the three stop and see themselves from the past. "You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!" Past Hermione shouted. "That's us." Harry said. "Hermione, no! He's not worth it." Past Ron said. "This is not normal." Harry said and Hermione shoves the two back. "Hermione, that's a Time-Turner, isn't it?" (Y/N) asked pointing at her necklace. "So that's how you've been getting to your classes." (Y/N) realized. "McGonagall gave it to me first term." She replied. (Y/N) nods. "Hold on. Are you saying we've gone back in time?" He asked. (Y/N) nods again. "Yes. Dumbledore obviously wanted us to return to this moment. Clearly, something happened he wants us to change." All three look out in time to see Hermione punch Malfoy in the face. "Good punch." (Y/N) said. "Thanks, yours wasn't bad either." Hermione told her.

"Malfoy's coming. Run." Hermione said and she pushes them to the side out of the bridge as Draco and his friends run past. "Not a word to anyone, understood? I'm gonna get that jumped-up mudblood! Mark my words." "That felt good." Past Hermione said. "Not good, brilliant." Past Ron said. (Y/N), Harry and Hermione duck as you see their past selves walk to Hagrid's Hut. (Y/N), Harry and Hermione walk next to the stone walls as they watch themselves go in Hagrid's Hut. "Look. Buckbeak's still alive." Harry said. "Of course. Remember what Dumbledore said? If we succeed, more than one innocent life could be spared." (Y/N) said and the others smile and the three begin to run down towards the Hut. When they arrived, (Y/N), Harry and Hermione hide behind the pumpkins as they look through the window of Hagrid's Hut and see (Y/N) and Hagrid standing by the window with their backs facing. They look and see at the top of the hill was Fudge, Dumbledore and the executioner coming. "Here they come. I'd better hurry." Harry mutters and he begins to walk towards Buckbeak but (Y/N) places a hand on his shoulder. "Fudge has to see Buckbeak before we steal him. Otherwise, he'll think Hagrid set him free." She said, and Harry goes back down as she sees Hagrid giving Ron his pet rat back. "That's Pettigrew." Harry growled. (Y/N) and Hermione grab his shoulder. "Harry, you can't." Harry turns to Hermione. "He betrayed my parents. You don't expect me to sit here." And he tries to get up but (Y/N) grabs his arm and pulls him down. "Yes, and you must!" She said and the three sit down. "Harry, you're in Hagrid's hut now. If you go bursting in, you'll think you've gone mad. Awful things happen to wizards who meddle with time. We can't be seen." Hermione said and she turns and looks out towards the hill. "Fudge is coming." She said as Fudge and the crew were approaching. She looks at the Hut. "And we aren't leaving? Why aren't we leaving?" (Y/N) asked. She sees some green stones on top of some pumpkins. She picks up one and throws it across the grounds into the Hut. Harry puts a hand on the back of his head. "Ow. That hurt."
"Sorry." Hermione said as the three watch their past selves coming out the back while Dumbledore, Fudge and the executioner come in. "We're coming out the back door. Go!" Hermione said and the three run to the forest as they see the four of them run behind the pumpkins. (Y/N) moves a branch out of the way. "Is that really what my hair looks like from the back?" She asked and a branch breaks and they hide just as past (Y/N) turns around. ""What?" Past Harry asked. "I thought I just saw....nevermind." Past (Y/N) said. "Let's go." Past Ron and the four run up the hill. (Y/N), Harry and Hermione run behind the pumpkins as they see themselves run up the hill. "Okay, go, Harry. Go!" (Y/N) urged and Harry stands up and walks across the garden. Harry pulls on the chain but Buckbeak doesn't move. Harry keeps pulling but Buckbeak stays put.