Mirror of Erised

The next morning, in the great hall. The gang is sitting, eating. Harry is twirling his food on a fork, along with (Y/N). "Take a bit of toast, mates, go on." Ron encouraged. "Ron's right, guys. You're gonna need your strength today." Hermione said. "I'm not hungry." Harry said. "Me either." (Y/N) said. Snape appears at the table. "Good luck today, Potter and (L/N). Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you... even if it is against Slytherin." Snape walks off, limping. Harry notices this. "That explains the blood." Harry said. "Blood?" (Y/N) asked. "Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that 3 headed dog. But, he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping." Harry explained. "But why would anyone go near that dog?" (Y/N) asked. "The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. He said it was Hogwarts' business, very secret." Harry said. "So you're saying..." (Y/N) began. "That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants." Hedwig screeches as she enters the Great Hall. She is carrying a very large, long parcel. She drops it off at the table.

"Bit early for mail, isn't it?" Hermione asked. "But I-I never get mail." Harry pointed out. "Let's open it." Ron said. The four open it to reveal a broomstick. "It's a broomstick!" Harry said. "Thats not just any broomstick, Harry. It's a Nimbus 2000!" (Y/N) said with excitement. "But who...?" He notices Professor McGonagall up at the head table, stroking Hedwig. She smiles and Harry nods. Later on, inside a Quidditch tower. The Gryffindor team is marching towards the starting gate. They reach it and stop, behind a closed double door. "Scared, Harry? (Y/N)?" Wood asked. "A little." (Y/N) said. "That's all right. I felt the same way before my first game." Wood said. "What happened?" Harry asked. "Er, I don't really remember. I took a bludger to the head 2 minutes in. Woke up in the hospital a week later." Harry gulps and looks straight ahead as the doors open. They mount their brooms and zoom out onto the enormous pitch. There is cheering. Lee Jordan, the Quidditch commentator is announcing from a tower. "Hello, and welcome to Hogwarts' first Quidditch game of the season! Today's game Slytherin versus Gryffindor!!!" Lee Jordan said. The players take their positions in the air in a circle. Harry weaves in, highest amongst. He looks down. "The players take their positions as Madam Hooch steps out onto the field to begin the game." Lee said.

"Now, I want a nice clean game...from all of you." She looks at Slytherin. She kicks the trunk, and the bludgers zoom out. "The bludgers are up...followed by the Golden Snitch. Remember, the snitch is worth 150 points. The seeker who catches the Snitch ends the game." The snitch zooms around each Seeker's head, then disappears. Hooch grabs the Quaffle. "The Quaffle is released...and the game begins!" Lee announced. (Y/N) takes possession of the ball and a chaser, Angelia Johnson, zooms past the Slytherins towards their goal, and throws the ball, and scores! There is a ding. "(Y/N) (L/N) scores! 10 points for Gryffindor!" He presses a button and a 10 shows up beside a plaque with Gryffindor's name. Harry, in the air, claps. "Yes!" A bludger suddenly zooms by him. "Whoa!" In the stands, Gryffindor cheers. "Well done!" Hagrid said. Slytherin takes possession of the Quaffle. Bletchley passes to Captain Marcus Flint. Flint dodges people and throws for the Gryffindor hoops. Oliver appears and whacks the ball away with his broom. He smirks at Flint, who glares. Johnson and Katie Bell pass the Quaffle back and forth as they strategize to score. Johnson takes it, throws, and once again scores.

"Another 10 points to Gryffindor!" He adds another 10 to the score with a ding. The Slytherins decide to get messy. They dodge, kick, and try to score. Once again, Oliver blocks. "Give me that!" Flint grabs a beaters bat from one and whacks a bludger right at Oliver. It hits Oliver directly in the stomach and he plummets to the ground, knocked out. This causes the entire audience to boo; Harry is visibly upset as the Slytherins laugh. The Slytherin members head off. One jumps over George (or Fred) and scores. Lee adds 10 points in the plaque with Slytherin's name. "Take that side! "They box Johnson in and sent her into the capes covering one of the towers. She falls down in and is out. The crowd boos. Slytherin scores once again. Suddenly, Harry sees the Snitch. He starts to head off after it and then suddenly his broom starts bucking and turning. "Whoa! Whooa!" "Harry!" (Y/N) shouted. "What's going on with Harry's broomstick?" Hagrid asked. Hermione looks through binoculars at Harry, then at Snape, who is visibly muttering. "It's Snape! He's jinxing the broom!" She said. "Jinxing the broom? What do we do?" Ron asked. "Leave it to me." She hands Ron her binoculars and leaves the stands. Harry is knocked and thrown around, then falls, dangling by one arm from the broom.