The Chamber Of Secrets

As the door slowly closes behind them, Harry and (Y/N) climb down the ladder and walk down the corridor. Looking ahead, they see Ginny lying motionless at the end of the Chamber. "Ginny!" (Y/N) said as they run to her, drop their wands and get on their knees. "Oh Ginny. No, Ginny. Please don't be dead. Wake up. Wake up! Please wake up." (Y/N) begged. Suddenly, Tom Riddle walks out of a nearby doorway. "She won't wake." (Y/N) recognizes his voice and turns toward him. Riddle walks to her. "Tom? Tom Riddle?" She asked. "Yes. And you're (Y/N) (L/N). I must say, you're even prettier in person." He smirked, causing (Y/N) to blush slightly at the comment and Harry to glare at him a little. "What do you mean she won't wake? She's not...?" Harry asked, avoiding the last topic. "She's still alive, but only just." Tom said. "Are you a ghost?" (Y/N) asked. "A memory, preserved in a diary for fifty years." Tom said. (Y/N) reaches out and touches Ginny. "She's as cold as ice. Ginny, please don't be dead. Wake up." While they're not looking, Riddle bends down and picks up their wands from where they left them. "You've got to help us, Tom. There's a Basilisk." Harry said. "It won't come until it's called." Harry and (Y/N) look up to see Riddle holding their wands and stand up. "Give us our wands, Tom." Harry said.  "You won't be needing them." He said.

"Listen, we've got to go. We've got to save her!" (Y/N) shouted. "I'm afraid I can't do that, (Y/N). You see, as poor Ginny grows weaker, I grow stronger." Harry and (Y/N) look at him, confused. "Yes, you two. It was Ginny Weasley who opened the Chamber of Secrets." Tom said. "No. She couldn't. She wouldn't." Harry denied. "It was Ginny who set the Basilisk on the Mudbloods and Filch's cat, Ginny who wrote the threatening messages on the walls." Tom continued. "But why?" (Y/N) asked. "Because I told her to. You'll find I can be very persuasive. Not that she knew what she was doing. She was, shall we say, in a kind of trance. Still, the power of the diary began to scare her. And she tried to dispose of it in the girls' bathroom. And then, who should find it but you two? The very people I was most anxious to meet." Tom said. "And why did you want to meet us?" Harry asked. "I knew I had to talk to you both, meet you two if I could. So I decided to show you my capture of that brainless oaf Hagrid to gain your trust." Tom said. "Hagrid's our friend! And you framed him, didn't you?" (Y/N) asked. "It was my word against Hagrid's. Only Dumbledore seemed to think he was innocent." Tom said. Harry smirks at him. "I'll bet Dumbledore saw right through you." He said.

"He certainly kept an annoyingly close watch on me after that." Tom walks around (Y/N) and Harry as he speaks. "I knew it wouldn't be safe to open the Chamber again while I was still at school, so I decided to leave behind a diary, preserving my sixteen-year-old self in its pages, so that one day, I would be able to lead another, to finish Salazar Slytherin's noble work." Tom said. "Well, you haven't finished it this time. In a few hours, the Mandrake draught will be ready. And everyone who was Petrified will be all right again." (Y/N) said. Tom smiles maliciously. "Haven't I told you? Killing Mudbloods doesn't matter to me anymore. For many months now, my new target has been you two." Tom said. Harry and (Y/N) look at him in surprise. "(Y/N) (L/N), the most powerful wizard in the world, the only one left of her kind. Her power is even greater than mine and Dumbledore's alone. But together, we could be the greatest wizards in the world. Everyone would fear us. We would be in control of the entire wizarding world. With (Y/N) by my side we'd be unstoppable. And as for you, how is it that a baby with no extraordinary magical talent was able to defeat the greatest wizard of all time? How did you escape," he pushes Harry's hair aside with his wand to see his scar. "With nothing but a scar while Lord Voldemort's powers were destroyed?" Tom asked.

"Why do you care how I escaped? Voldemort was after your time." Harry said. But (Y/N) suddenly came to a realization. "Uh... Harry?" She asked. Harry turns to her. "What?" He asked. Tom smirked at her. "You figured it out, haven't you, (Y/N)?" He turns toward the statue and uses Harry's wand to write his full name in flaming letters; after writing the "E", he flicks the wand, and the letters rearrange themselves to say "I AM LORD VOLDEMORT.  "You. You're the Heir of Slytherin. [Riddle stares evilly at Harry] You're Voldemort." Harry said. "Surely, you didn't think I was going to keep my filthy Muggle father's name? No. I fashioned myself a new name, a name I knew wizards everywhere would one day fear to speak when I became the greatest sorcerer in the world!" Tom said. "Albus Dumbledore is the greatest sorcerer in the world!" (Y/N) shouted. "Dumbledore's been driven out of this castle by the mere memory of me!" Tom shouted. "He'll never be gone! Not as long as those who remain are loyal to him!" Harry and Riddle glare at each other; a musical sound is heard nearby; (Y/N), Harry and Riddle look down the corridor to see Fawkes flying towards them, carrying something. "Fawkes?" (Y/N) asked. Fawkes drops a bundled-up object into Harry's hands as he flies over and around them, then back down the corridor; (Y/N) and Harry unroll the object, which turns out to be the Sorting Hat. "So this is what Dumbledore sends his great defenders: A songbird and an old hat." Tom backs away from them as he continues examining the Sorting Hat, then walks toward the Slytherin statue and extends his left hand. "Shearhas- Samnathas- Sélithaeine."