The Troll

Outside in the courtyard, Oliver, (Y/N) and Harry appear, carrying a trunk. They put it down. "Quidditch is easy enough to understand. Each time has seven players, 3 chasers, 2 beaters, 1 keeper and a seeker. That's you. There are three kinds of balls." Oliver picks up a red one. "This one's called the Quaffle. Now, the chasers handle the Quaffle and try to put it through one of those three hoops." He points to the hoops in the Quidditch pitch in the distance. "The keeper, that's me, defends the hoops." He throws ball to Harry. "You two with me so far?" He asked. Harry throws it back. "I think so. What are those?" He points to two squirming chained down balls. "You better take this." He hands (Y/N) a small bat. He bends down and releases one ball. With an angry growl, it flies off into the air. The trio watch it. "Careful now, it's comin' back." The ball comes whizzing down, and (Y/N) cracks at it with the bat. The ball soars off through a statue, surprisingly without damaging it. "Eh, not bad, (L/N), you'd make a fair beater... Uh-oh." The ball zooms down, and Oliver grabs it, wriggling to get it back in the box. He succeeds and is out of breath.

"What is that?" (Y/N) asked. "Bludger. Nasty little buggers. But you are the chaser, and the only thing I want you to worry about Harry, is this... the Golden Snitch." He hands Harry a walnut sized golden ball. "I like this ball." Harry said. "Ah, you like it now. Just wait. It's wicked fast and damn near impossible to see." Oliver said. "What does he do with it?" (Y/N) asked. "He catches it, before the other team's seeker. He catches this, the game is over. You catch this, Potter, and we win." He said the last part to Harry. The ball flutters out two delicate wings and jumps into the air. Harry keeps an eye on it. "Whoa." In Professor Flitwick's class. Filtwick is very short, and is standing on a bunch of books to make up for his stature and to see his class. "One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have your feathers?" (Y/N) and Hermione raise theirs. "Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? The swish and flick. Everyone." Flitwick said.

"The swish and flick." Everyone said. "Good. And enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then." The class begin to enunciate and doing the movements on their feathers. "Wingardium Levio-saaa." Draco said. "Wingardrium Leviosar!" Ron waves his wand really fast numerous times. (Y/N) puts her arm out to stop him. "Uh, Ron, maybe you should let me show you how to do it." She said. "Yeah. You're going to take someone's eye out. Besides, you're saying it wrong. It's Levi-o-sa, not Leviosar." Hermione said. "Fine. You two do it then." Ron said. "Wingardium Leviosa." Hermione and (Y/N) said. Their feather glow and lift up. "Oh, well done! See here, everyone! Ms. Granger and (L/Nj have done it! Oh, splendid!" Ron puts his head on his books dejectedly. Seamus begins swishing at his feather. "Wingard Levosa." Seamus said. "Well done, dears." An almighty explosion flashes. Flitwick gasps, as (Y/n), Ron and Hermione turn to the source of the explosion. "Whooaaa! Ooh." Seamus is charred again with his feather, now smoldering to ashes.

"I think we're going to need another feather over here, Professor." Neville, (Y/N), Harry, Ron and Seamus are walking through a courtyard with other students all around. "It's Levioooosa, not Leviosaaaar." Ron said, mimicking Hermione. "She's a nightmare, honestly. No wonder she hasn't got any friends! And (Y/N)'s no better. I mean who does she think she is?" Ron asked. (Y/N) rushes past Ron, hugging her books and sniffling in tears. "(Y/N)!" Hermione calls after her, running past the two boys before turning back to glare at Ron. "You're a real jerk, Ron!" Then she runs after (Y/N). Harry and Ron stare at each other in silence. Harry was angry at Ron for hurting her, and Ron was angry at himself as well, but he decided he'd just try and apologize later. That Halloween night, the great hall has floating Jack O'Lanterns in place of the candles. Harry notices an empty spot on the bench. "Where's (Y/N)?" Harry asked. "Parvati Patil said that she wouldn't come out of the girl's bathroom. She said that she'd been in there all afternoon...crying, with Hermione trying to comfort her." Neville said.

Harry glares at Ron as he looks down in guilt. "Way to go, Ron." Harry said sarcastically. Suddenly, Professor Quirrell comes running into the Great Hall in panic. "TROLL! IN THE DUNGEON! T-TROOLLL IN THE DUNGEON!!" Dumbledore rises from his seat in concern. Everyone look at Quirrell and he stops and there is utter silence. "Thought you ought to know." He passes out. The room is silent, and then everyone freaks out, screaming and running. "SILLLLLEEENNNNCEEEEE!" Everyone stops and calms down. "Everyone will please, not panic. Now, Prefects will lead their houses back to the dormitories. Teachers will follow me to the dungeons." Dumbledore said. Snape looks aghast, and he walks out through a doorway. A bit later, Percy is leading the house down a corridor. "Gryffindors, keep up please. And stay alert!" Percy said. "How could a troll get in?" Harry asked. "Not by itself. Trolls are really stupid. Probably people playing jokes." Ron said. Suddenly, Harry stops and pulls Ron aside. "What?" He asked. "Hermione! And (Y/N)! They don't know!" The two separate themselves from the crowd. They run down corridors. They start running down a hall when they stop, because there is a grunting noise and a large shadow on the wall.

"I think the troll's left the dungeon!" Ron said. Harry pulls Ron into a doorway, they peer out to see a large, ugly troll thunks by into a room. "It's going into the Girl's Bathroom!" In the bathroom, (Y/N) emerges from a stall, wiping her eyes. "You okay now?" Hermione asked. (Y/N) stops when she sees something. "(Y/N)? What's wrong?" Hermione asked. The troll is standing there. (Y/N) points at it. The two back up, into the stall just as the troll raises its club and smashes the top part of the stalls. (Y/N) and Hermione scream. Harry and Ron come bursting in. "Hermione, (Y/N), move!" The troll smashes the remaining stalls. "Help!" (Y/N) said. The boys start throwing wood pieces at the troll. "Hey, pea brain!" Ron throws wood and hits the troll on the head. (Y/N) and Hermione escape from the stalls to under a sink, but the troll sees them and goes to smash them. It cracks the sink and barely misses them. Harry cringes. "Ahhh! Help us!" (Y/N) shouts. Harry gets out his wand. He runs forward and grabs the troll's club, and is lifted up.

"Whooa! Whoa, whoa!" He lands on the troll's head, and is hurled forward, then back, and his wand shoots up the troll's nose. "Ew." Ron said. (Y/N), Ron and Hermione were disgusted by Harry's wand in the troll's nose. The troll snorts, and whips around. "Whoa, whoa whoa!" The troll gets Harry off its head and is holding him by one leg, upside down. "Do something!" Harry said. It gears up its club and swipes at Harry. He pulls himself up, then down. The troll swipes again. "What?" Ron asked. The troll swipes at Harry repeatedly. "Anything! Hurry up!" Ron grabs his wand. Under the sink, (Y/N) waves her hand. "Swish and flick!" She said. "Wingardium Leviosa!" The club is lifted out of the troll's hand and hovers above its head. The troll looks up, confused, just as the club comes crashing back down. "Cool." It hits the troll's head hard and the troll wavers, then drops Harry, who crawls away, and slowly comes crashing down, knocking him out. (Y/N) and Hermione approach carefully. "Is it...dead?" Hermione asked.

"I don't think so. Just knocked out." Harry grabs his wand...which is covered in mucus. "Ew. Troll bogies." Harry wipes his wand on his robes. Suddenly, McGonagall, Snape and Quirrell come rushing in. They all gasp at the knocked out troll. "Oh! Oh, my goodness! E-Explain yourselves, both of you!" McGonagall said. "Well, what it is..." Ron and Harry began. "It's my fault, Professor McGonagall." (Y/N) said. The teachers, Hermione, Ron and Harry look at her. "Miss (L/N)?" McGonagall asked. "I went looking for the troll. I'd read about them and thought I could handle it. But I was wrong. If Hermione, Harry and Ron hadn't come and found me...I'd probably be dead." She said. "Be that as it may be...it was an extremely foolish thing to do." Harry notices Snape's leg, which has the trousers' leg torn and a large cut on it. Snape notices and covers it up, glaring at Harry. 

"I would have expected more rational behavior on your part, Miss (L/N). Five points will be taken from Gryffindor for your serious lack of judgment." She she turns to Hermione, Harry and Ron. "As for you three, I just hope you realize how fortunate you are. Not many students could take on a fully grown mountain troll and live to tell the tale. Five points...will be awarded to each of you." Hermione, Harry and Ron grin at each other. "For sheer dumb luck." Snape and McGonagall leave the bathroom. "Perhaps you ought to go...M-might wake up...heh." Quirrell said. (Y/N), Harry, Ron and Hermione exit the bathroom. Quirrell looks at the unconscious troll. The troll growls, seemingly going to wake up. "Ahh! Hehe...." (Y/N), Harry, Ron and Hermione are walking back to the Gryffindor Common Room through the corridor. "Good for you to get us out of trouble like that." Harry said to (Y/N). "Mind you, I mean, we did save her life." Ron said. "Mind you, she didn't need saving if you hadn't insulted her." Harry said. (Y/N) looks at Ron. "What are friends for?" Ron asked. They both smile at each other as they carry on through the corridor.