Karina looked down at her fingers, playing with them. More like rubbing them harder. She closed her eyes, hearing her father's yelling. The scars on her left forearm came to mind. That's how she controlled her humanity together from all of those years.

Self-harm.

Sam looked beside her struggling, hearing the story. Her eyes keep closing hard, her fingers are rubbing together between her knees. Sam went to his instinct, he held her hands. Karina stopped from what she sensed from Sam's touch of comfort. Her breathing is close to slow, almost low growling to herself. She pulled her hands away from Sam's and crossed her arms.

Dean saw the scenery between Sam and Karina. All he saw was Sam's remorse on his face, he turned his face away from Karina. Looking down at the floor. Dean put aside what he saw and asked a question to Mrs. Robinson.

"Why didn't you call the cops?"

She looked at Dean as she cried harder, "This was 40 years ago. He called on his friends, Clayton, Solmes, and Jimmy Anderson--and they put Cyrus' body into the truck and then rolled it into the swamp at the edge of his land and all three of them kept that secret all these years."

Karina nodded, and responded in a cold tone, forgetting what happened between her and Sam. She looked at all of them, "Now all three are gone."

"And so is Mayor Todd. Now he said that you of all people would know he is not a racist. Why would he say that?"

"He was a good man. He was a young Deputy back then, investigating Cyrus's disappearance. Once he figured out what Martin and the others had done,... he did nothing because he also knew what Cyrus had done."

The trio looked at each other, getting all the information they wanted to stop the monster truck. Cassie asked her mother, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I thought I was protecting them. And now there's no one left to protect."

"Yes, there is."

Dean and Cassie looked at each other. Mrs. Robinson comforts Cassie by holding her hand.

***

Outside of Cassie's house, the trio gathered around the Impala. Taking in from the haunting story of Mrs. Robinson. Sam was leaning against the car, while Karina was sitting on the hood beside him. Dean was pacing back and forth.

"Oh, my life was so simple. Just school, exams, papers on polycentric cultural norms."

Dean looked at Sam as he stood beside Karina at the front of the car, "So I guess I saved you from a boring existence."

"Occasionally I miss being bored."

"So this killer truck-"

Sam interrupted Dean as he smiled, "I miss conversations that didn't start with "this killer truck.'"

Karina shook her head and smiled a little, "Welcome to my world, Sam. It sucks, but you'll live through it."

Sam laughed at Karina's joke, looking at the distance. Dean laughed along and he continued from what he was going to say, "All right, well, this Cyrus guy, evil on a level that infected even his truck. When he died, the swamp became his tomb and his spirit was dormant for 40 years."

Sam asked Dean, "So what woke it up?"

"The construction on his house or the destruction."

Karina nodded, "Yep. Demolition or remodeling can awaken spirits, make them restless."

Sam reminded Dean, "Like that theater in Illinois."

"Yeah, and the guy who tears down the family homestead, Harold Todd, is the same guy that kept Cyrus's murder quiet and unsolved."