22. The Past

Jake's Mom's POV

"I've already done what you asked. It'll be on the news soon. Now, keep Sunghoon out of it. Where should I go next?"

I received a message from that brat. Hmmm, just as I suspected. He's just like his father. What a fool!

Three days earlier:

My men discovered the location where the President and his family were hiding. I don't know how they do it, but they have eyes and ears inside.

"Hey brat, doesn't the President's son look pretty in his yellow floral shirt?" I remarked.

"You bitch, how did you find our location?"

"Well, well, that's not the way to address your dear mother. Maybe mommy will pull the trigger and your beloved will die right before your eyes."

"What do you want?"

"It's simple. Just kill the President."

"I can't do that. Are you crazy?"

"Then say goodbye to your beloved—"

"Alright. Give me a couple of days to plan it out. Just make sure nothing happens to Sunghoon."

"As you wish, my son."

"You're not my mother. I'm not your son. Don't you ever call me that." Then I laughed.

"You know that hurts me, my child." Then he hung up. That brat is so savage. I guess he got it from me. Not his mother, huh? What if Jaehyun didn't take him away from me? Would we be in a different situation now?

(A flashback when Jake was born)

"When he grows up, I just want him to do whatever makes him happy."

"Aww, love, you're such a good mother. He's so lucky to have you."

"No, I'm the lucky one to have him."

(A flashback when Jake's dad took him)

"Jaeyun... Jaeyun... Jae?" I searched everywhere, but there was no sign of him. "Linda, where the hell is my son?"

"Mrs. Kim, Mr. Jaehyun took him."

"What do you mean Jaehyun took him?"

"He just ran away with him, Madam. I'm so sorry, I tried to stop him, but he was too strong."

"What the hell is going on?" I tried to contact him, but he was already out of reach. Then the police arrived. During the encounter, my dad passed away, but somehow I managed to escape.

End of flashback 

I turned on the TV, and boom, a few minutes later, I heard the news.

Newsflash

Mr. President was shot dead earlier today in their safe house. The authorities are still investigating the incident and the identity of the shooter. Meanwhile, let's all pray for President Park's soul.

"Pray, huh? There's no salvation for him. For sure, he's gonna rot in hell after everything he and Jaehyun did to me.

Flashback

"I'm so sorry, love, but there's something I need to confess. Now that Jaeyun is with us, I don't want to hide it anymore.. I'm a secret agent."

"A secret agent? What?"

"The President sent me here to pretend to be a part of your group, so we could gather information about your dad and your organization."

"And you pretended to love me to get closer to us?"

"No... no, love. I didn't pretend to be in love with you. I really do love you. It wasn't part of the plan to fall in love with you, but my heart... You just took my heart away. Look at Jaeyun. He's proof of my love for you. Just come with me and turn yourself into the police, and then we can be together. Let's start anew, away from here."

"No, I'll forget what you've said. I won't tell my dad, but we're not leaving, and we'll live our lives here," I told him.

End of flashback

But still, he left me, and what's worse, he took my son away from me too. If it weren't for the President's order, I wouldn't have gone through that hell. Being betrayed by the only person you truly love, being robbed of motherhood, and now being stuck with these conflicting feelings: love and hate for my son.

I hate him because he reminds me of how his father betrayed me. I hate him because he's on the President's side, just like Jaehyun. But at the same time, why do I feel bad that I used him to kill the President?

"Meet me at 143 Maple Syrup Street. I'll be waiting for you," I texted him. Why am I so nervous now? Do I really want to see him? I'm so curious about how he looks in person. Does he have any of my facial features? I don't have the right to feel anything after everything I've put him through. "Then I'll see you soon, my beloved Jaeyun," I said to myself.

•••

stream case 143

yall are prolly so confused about why im talking abt case 143 even thou this chapter was made in 2022

~:)~