17. Aftermath

Jake's POV

I woke up in a peaceful place that looked like paradise. Wait, the last thing I remembered was being inside Sunghoon's burning house.

Am I dead?

Then I saw a man walking closer to me. Wait, this can't be real.

"Dad?" I said in surprise. He smiled at me.

"Jaeyun, my darling. You've grown so much."

"Dad? It's been years since you've been gone. It would be weird if I hadn't grown up, right?" I said, trying to process the situation. He laughed.I felt a little uncomfortable hearing the words Jaeyun come out of his mouth again.

I think noticed it. "Jaey- I mean Jake, I know I left you and your Mom all alone out of nowhere I've always been watching you from above. I blame myself for what both of them have become and I know about you having a hard time into coming terms with the part of you which includes me and I'm not going to force you, I just want you to know I'm sorry for all of that. Please don't change who you are because of me Jake." 

I felt like crying, I wanted to tell him It's going to be hard and It'll take time but I miss him so much. 

Then I got hit with a little thought, if I'm here with him now, then that means...

"Dad, am I dead? Shit, I can't be dead. Sunghoon still needs me," I panicked.

He shook his head. "No, it's not yet your time, Jaeyun. You need to stop her."

"You mean my mom?" I asked, and he nodded.

"I failed to save her, so please, Jake, save your mom."

"But how? It seems like when God showered all the bitterness and darkness in the world, she received it all. Don't you know? I'm here because she bombed Mr. President's house. She's sick, Dad."

"She's just lost, Jae."

"I don't know, but I'll try, Dad."

"Thank you, my darling. I'm so proud of you. I love you, and I'll always be watching over you." He hugged me tightly.

"I love you too... Appa."

"Jake! Jake! Where the hell are you? Please come back to me!" someone yelled. Was that Sunghoon? My head was throbbing, and the heat was becoming unbearable. It felt like I was running out of breath.

"Jake! Come on, you can do it," Sunghoon's voice echoed. I tried to stand up.

Okay, the fire is blocking my way. I guess I have no choice. I ran as fast as I could and jumped out of the exit door.

Shit, my clothes are on fire. I immediately rolled on the ground, and soon I could breathe normally. I don't know how in the world I survived, but thanks to Dad... no thanks to Appa.

I guess I still have a purpose to fulfill, huh? I tried to sit down.

Soon, I saw a crying Sunghoon running towards me, and he immediately kissed me on the lips.

Woah! Should I always do these kinds of stunts to get a kiss from him?

"You idiot, why would you do that? Are you trying to kill me too? I thought I was gonna lose you," he said, crying uncontrollably.

"Aishh, I'm still here, Hoonie. I'm sorry; I just couldn't stand there while seeing you cry."

"I thought I was going to lose you without telling you yet that I—" He was cut off by the medics.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Park, but we need to check on him."

"I'm okay. What were you saying, Mr. Park?" I asked, curious.

President's Son || JakeHoon ||जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें