20. I love you Jake!

Sunghoon's POV

After training with Jake, I headed straight to the safe house. I felt guilty for what I did, but I was still furious with him for flirting with Ni-ki right in front of me.

Who does he think he is, telling Ni-ki to call him by his first name in their first meeting? And the way he blushed when Ni-ki kissed him on the cheek.

Ugh, I need some choko choko to calm my nerves. I was savoring my choko choko when I noticed Jake approaching me.

He looked nervous, but I don't care. I'm still mad.

"Hoon!" he said. I just stared at him, not responding.

"Afrigjdj%?$&?SLayfffgehx." Huh? What did he say? It was so fast, I didn't understand any of it.

"What did you say, Jake?" I asked.

"I said I love you, Sunghoon!" he kind of yelled it.

Oh my god, my heart.

I somehow knew he had feelings for me too, but hearing it directly from him... I can't even explain.

Then I remembered all the times I wanted to confess to him.

Ugh, I got so annoyed at how many times I got interrupted. I wanted to be the first one to confess...

I saw Jake's face turning so sad. Damn, was my face irritated after his confession. He might think I don't like him.

"I'm sorry, Sunghoon. I—-" I interrupted him by kissing his lips. His lips are so addictive. He was surprised by my action.

"I thought—"

I shook my head. "I'm just irritated because I wanted to confess first, but I kept getting interrupted... The medics... Ni-ki..."

"Ohhh, is that what you wanted to tell me?" I nodded. "Yes, I love you, Jake."

His face showed surprise.

Didn't he have any clue that I had feelings for him, or is he just clueless?

"Do you mean it?"

"Do you know why I'm so upset today?"

He shook his head. "You're clueless, Jake. It's because I'm jealous of Ni-ki."

Then I lowered my head out of embarrassment.

"Oh my gosh, why would you be jealous?"

He held my hand and placed it on his chest, then I looked at him.

"My heart is only for you, and it will forever be yours. Will you be my boyfriend?" My face turned so red, I couldn't hide how flustered I was.

I nodded. "Yes, I'd love to be your boyfriend."

I saw his happy face, and then he hugged me. Kekekeke, I'm the happiest person right now.

Being in his arms feels so right, like I'll always be safe and loved.

Soon, we heard party poopers. What in the world? How'd they even get here?

"Sunoo, I thought you guys were hiding!" Jake told Sunoo.

"Who said we'd miss out on the most important day in our hyungs' lives?" He replied to Jake, then turned to me.

"I didn't know you wanted to confess to him first, hyung. You're so whipped." I was about to throw the plastic cup I was holding when...

"Uncle... Auntie, look at Hyung! He's always so violent towards me." My eyes widened.

What the hell, they're here too? Just kill me now.

"You don't have to, Sunghoon. You don't want to look so violent in your boyfriend's eyes," she smirked. My mouth just dropped. Then I saw my dad hug Jake.

"Now that you guys are official, please bear with my prince Jake. He can be so violent sometimes, but he's not too bad."

Huh?

"I'm aware of that, Mr. President."

"What did I say? Just call me Appa."

"I'd rather not, sir," he politely replied.

My mind was blown by their conversation.

Dad just gave him a playful angry look and Jake coughed a little.

"I'm sorry, Father. You know he almost killed me today during our training. I have some bruises on my legs."

Then he showed them to him. My mom walked over to him and examined his bruises.

"Aiggooo, my poor son-in-law."

"Sunghoon, be nice to him. Aisshh, this boy," my dad said to me. Oh my goodness, why am I even with them?

Then Sunoo jumped on me. "I'm so happy for you, hyung. Finally, you chose to be brave and be with him. I'm so proud of you," he said sincerely.

Awwww, he's so sweet. Okay, now I remember why I'm friends with him. Then he turned to Jake and grabbed his collar.

"Jake, if you ever hurt Hyung, I swear you'll face my wrath through Heeseung." Sunoo said, then quickly let go of Jake's collar.

"Sunoo? What the hell, why me? I'm no match for Jake. I'll literally be a dead man before I even start," Heeseung complained.

"Really?"

"Well yeah, there's a reason he's in top 1 and I'm only second to him," he defended.

"You're second?" Sunoo said, surprised.

"What do you mean by that?"

And then Heeseung started chasing Sunoo.

"Come here, you ungrateful brat!"

Then my mom said, "Alright now, we should celebrate. We're gonna party!" She said excitedly.

"Way to go, honey! Yeah, let's party," my dad said.

Jake and I just shook our heads and smiled while holding hands. Man, I'm so happy. I hope this day never ends. Danger still awaits us, but right now, I just don't want to think about it and enjoy the moment with them, especially with this boy by my side.

He smiled at me and said, "Is there a problem?" I shook my head.

"Nope, I just want to say it again. I love you." Now it's his turn to be flustered.

"I love you too. I'll do everything to protect you," he said.

"Just promise me one thing, please make sure you won't leave me, or especially die on me." He paused for a moment, but then said, "I promise."

"I hate it when people break their promises, Jake, so don't you break it," I said, and he smiled at me.

• • •

LOVELY ENDING TO A LOVELY STORY (jk)

~:)~