21. Betrayal

Jake's POV

Sunghoon and I just shook our heads and smiled while holding hands. His parents, Sunoo and Heeseung, were a bit overwhelming but incredibly supportive of us.

I couldn't believe my luck. Who would've thought that this brat could fall in love with me too?

When I looked at him, he stared back at me with such intensity.

I smiled and asked, "Is there a problem?"

He shook his head. "Nope, I just want to say it again. I love you."

Blushing, I couldn't believe he had this sweet side.

"I love you too. I'll do anything to protect you," I replied.

"Just promise me one thing, Jake. Don't you dare leave me or, God forbid, die on me," he said seriously.

I paused for a moment. Given our current situation, I wasn't entirely sure, but I still said, "I promise." I didn't want to upset him.

"I hate when people break their promises, Jake, so don't you even think about it," he warned, and all I could do was smile. I didn't know what else to say.

Following Mrs. Park's suggestion, we partied all night, cherishing the peaceful moments. I wished we could stay in this blissful state forever, but reality had other plans. Sooner or later, my mother would find this place.

After the party, we all retreated to our rooms, and I remembered that Sunghoon and I were supposed to share one. Oh God, my heart raced faster than the speed of light.

"I'll just crash on the couch," I said.

Sunghoon scoffed. "Do you really think I'll let you sleep on the damn couch? You're sleeping in the same bed with me."

Nerves flooded through me. Being in the same bed as him... I felt a rush of heat, and being a little tipsy didn't help either.

Soon, we both lay down on the bed. Ahh... it felt so good. It had been a long day, and exhaustion weighed heavily on me.

I got startled when Sunghoon moved closer and hugged me. That boy, he'd be the death of me.

Then he gazed at me with so much love, and I couldn't resist any longer. I kissed him, and he reciprocated with the same passion and love. Soon, we gave in to our desires.

(okay guys savor this moment cuz once you scroll *evil laughing*)

•••

I woke up without Sunghoon beside me. Was it all just a dream? Last night was the best night of my life. Just thinking about it made me blush a million times over.

As I exited the room, I made my way to the kitchen and found him there with Mrs. Park.

What the hell was he doing?

"Hey, I prepared breakfast for you. Come and let's eat," he said.

"Wait, did you cook all of this?" I asked.

"Nah, eomma helped me a lot with the preparations."

"You see what love can do? I've never seen my boy cook before, and now he called me and asked if we could prepare breakfast for you. I'm guessing you made him feel real good last night?" Mrs. Park's boldness and frankness never ceased to surprise me.

My face turned as red as a tomato. I could never get used to her straightforwardness.

"Eomma! That's going too far!" Sunghoon's face matched mine in its crimson hue.

"What's going on here?" Mr. President chimed in, taking a bite of his hotdog.

"Appa! What the f- I cooked that for Jake. Let him try it first," Sunghoon complained.

Mr. President clutched his chest, pretending to be hurt.

"That's so mean, my prince. I'm so hurt. You've never cooked for me even once, and when I finally taste your cooking, you scold me. I've raised you and given you the life you deserve, and yet..." Sunghoon simply rolled his eyes.

"Alright, enough with the drama, let's eat," Mrs. Park intervened.

"Here, ahh..." Mrs. Park fed the President. They were so sweet together. I wish I had experienced that kind of family, but hey, there was nothing I could do.

I turned to Sunghoon, and he gave me the prettiest smile. And just like that, all my bitterness melted away.

Who was I to complain? I had him now.

For a month, we savored every moment. We trained together every day, spent ample time with each other, shared stories, ate together, and, well, you already know the rest.

I was the happiest, and so was he. But as I mentioned, our reality wasn't like this.

"Jake, what the hell is going on? Why did you knock out all my bodyguards? And why are you pointing your gun at me?" Mr. President questioned.

"I'm sorry, Mr. President, but plans have changed."

Then I pulled the trigger. Soon, the President lay on the floor, blood staining the ground.

"What the fuck is happening? Jake, did you just kill my father?!" he exclaimed, shock evident on his face.

I didn't respond. Instead, I punched him in the stomach.

"I'm sorry, Sunghoon, but I don't have a choice," I cried as I left the safe house.

"I did what you wanted. It'll be all over the news soon. Now, keep Sunghoon out of this. Where should I go next?" I messaged my real mom.

•••

sorry yall i cant do smut :( but theres a song for that^

~:)~