18. Not in a mood

Sunghoon's POV

I was talking to my mom when I noticed how serious my dad and Jake's conversation was. I wondered what they were talking about.

Then I saw Jake's flustered face, and what the fuck, I'm so curious, so I went over to them.

Curiously, I asked my dad why Jake's face looked like he had just run 5 miles and got hit with a tomato in the face.

Dad told me it's because Jake and I are going to be in the same room. One room with Jake, and my heart was already beating abnormally.

"Appa! There are enough rooms, you know," I defended.

"Sunghoon, stop pretending that you don't want it when we all know that deep inside you're very excited to be with him," my mom said.

What in the world? I got flustered by what she said, and true enough, I really wanted to be with him so much.

"Besides, you guys are at that age already. Having good careers and everything. Just hurry up and give us grandchildren already." My parents are just too much.

"Eomma, how can it be possible? We're both guys, for heaven's sake," I said.

"Ah, honey, don't underestimate the power of advanced technology nowadays. Well, before committing to that, you guys can just enjoy having—"

"Oh my gosh, Mom. I'm out of here." Then I quickly walked out and went to my room.

What the hell is that? They're polluting my mind right now. I can't believe that they just casually said that in front of me and Jake.

Hah, my heart was racing like I ran a 4,000-mile marathon.

Then I heard a knock on the door. I opened it and saw the hottest guy in the whole world. I never knew that I was so whipped.

"Do you need anything, Jake?"

"I just wanted to put some of my things here since I'll be staying here too, but if it's not okay, I'll just tell the Pre—"

"It's okay. You can stay here." I cut him off.

"Uh, you know, when I just came out from the burning mansion, you were saying something, but you were cut off by the medics."

"Oh, that. I just wanted to tell you that I... err... I... I lo——" Then someone knocked on the door again.

Oh my god, why am I always being cut off?

I swear I'm gonna kill the person behind this door.

"Sunghoon-Hyung, you're here. I missed you like crazy. It's been such a long time." Then he hugged me tightly. He immediately let go when he saw Jake.

"Oops, I'm sorry, Hyung. I didn't know that you were with someone. Did I interrupt something?" Yeah, you just interrupted my confession.

Ugh! Such wrong timing.

Ni-ki was my childhood friend. Their family was the caretaker of this safe house. We used to hang out a lot when we were younger. We're growing up well; we don't talk much anymore, but we're still close.

"How are you, Hyung? I heard what happened."

"I'm okay, Ni-ki." I felt like Jake was starting to get confused, so I introduced them to each other.

"Um, Ni-ki, I want you to meet Agent Shim. He's my bodyguard. Agent Shim, he's Ni-ki, my childhood friend."

"No way! He's that heroic bodyguard? I didn't imagine that he'd be a god as well," he said as I saw how his eyes twinkled. I don't really like what's going on here.