Angel with broken wings

There she is, in the corner, trying not to cry.
She knows it's not fair and she's read all the books, she wishes she could hide.
She's trying to be strong, not show all the hurt that's deep, deep inside.
But she knows she will burst, but then who will be there.

To dry off all her tears, that's she's collected over the years.
To hold her close, telling her it's alright to cry.
This girl is a girl haunted by her demons late at night. She's an angel with broken wings.

You'll see her everywhere you go, reading and laughing and just being her. you wouldn't guess, that shes got a life, one that's worse of any kind.
She's so used to going through her days, working hard with little wage.
Would you know that late at night she wishes to say goodbye to this, cold cruel world. So who's gonna be there.

To wipe away her tears that she's collected over the years.
To hold her tight and take the knife that she holds in her hand.
Love her till she's here to stay, make sure that she won't lose her faith.
Tell her you'll never leave because she's the angel with the broken wings.

I know you're sad and you're scared but you're in my prayers little angel. You think that you'll never fly but don't worry dear, you just need a little love, a little hope, and a little light from up above.