𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕

"That was then."

Dean and Cassie stare at each other. Sam and Karina looked at each other, thinking the same thing. Third Wheel, here?

Cassie proceeds, "I just know that I can't explain what happened up there, so I called you."

The front door opened, leaving all of them to look at who was walking in. It was a white, middle-aged woman. The trio rose their feet and looked over to the woman. Cassie walked over to her, worried.

"Mom. Where have you been?"

"I'm sorry. I had no idea you'd invited friends over."

"Mom, this is Dean, a friend of mine from... college, and his brother and his friend, Sam, and Karina."

Cassie's mom began stuttering with words in a frightened tone, "Well, I-I won't interrupt you."

Dean walked closely, "Mrs. Robinson? We're sorry for your loss. We'd like to talk to you for a minute if you don't mind."

"I'm really not up to that just now."

Mrs. Robinson walked away in a hurry, and Cassie turned to the people with a sad look in her eyes. All the trio did was look at Cassie.

***

By the next morning, Cassie informed Dean that there was another familiar accident last night. Another connection to her father. The trio visited the crime scene, seeing what Cassie described them from that night. Cassie went full-on the Mayor, and all Karina mouthed to herself.

"Damn."

Karina was impressed by her words and actions defending her color, even though the Mayor wasn't racist at all. The boys were dressing up in the suits, while Karina was brushing her hair up to the ponytail in her suit as well.

Sam commented as he walked over to Karina and Dean, "I'll say this for her-- she's fearless."

"Fearless? Please, Sam. She's a badass."

Dean hummed a, yes, not giving them a response to them.

Karina looked at Dean as she was still tying up, "I bet she kicked your ass a couple of times."

Dean glanced at Karina, all she did was laugh softly.

Sam inferred, "What's interesting is you guys never really look at each other at the same time. You look at her when she's not looking. She checks you out when you look away. It's just a... just an interesting observation in a... you know... observationally interesting way."

"You think we might have more pressing issues here?"

"Hey, if I'm hitting a nerve..."

Dean turned away and left the room, "Let's go."

Sam chuckled, and Karina winced from the scenery. "Wow... you were totally hitting the nerve."

"You too, by the way."

"Hey, if I were a man, I would date her."

Karina put her blade in her ponytail, and she turned to Sam. She noticed his tie is crooked, she pointed out, "Your tie is crooked."

He looked at his reflection, seeing what she was seeing. He tried to fix it again, "Aw, damn it."

She shook her head and offered to let him come to her. "Come here."

He walked to her, and she put her hands on the tie. Making it straight, Sam couldn't help but look down on her as she fixed it. Her brown eyes were captivating to him, her eyes were on the tie. His eyes were on her ponytail, closely seeing a little sight at the end of the blade.