Taking a sip of the juice, I open the compartment of the dispenser for today to see that all the blue pills have been replaced with green ones.

How did he get the prescription so fast, it's like 9 am?

I scan the side effects listed on the box and there's a bubbling relief when I don't see insomnia or night terrors as one of them. When I swallow the pills back with a gulp of orange juice, I slip my phone out of my pocket.

Me: prozac, really?

Me: that's supposed to be less effective than zoloft

His response is quick.

Luca: It's the best option for you given your current circumstance

Me: well if this messes up, I'm blaming you

Luca: Points for effort?

That last message has me smiling no matter how much I withhold it.

"Smiling at her phone. She's down bad," Marco comments and I look up to find him smirking. I roll my eyes at him, and something moves in my peripheral causing his eyes to drift to it.

He shrieks and jumps behind Brando's chair, startling him and making him slam his hand on the keyboard messing up even more of the cash flow.

"Marco, you fucking idiot," he swivels around to glare at him.

"What the fuck is the devil spawn doing here?" Marco exclaims and waves his arms dramatically at an innocent Ricky, whose lying on the floor with his head on his arms and his tongue sticking out.

"Fuck, I didn't even realise he was here." Brando's eyes suddenly go wide, and he turns to me.

"Don't tell me you're scared of him as well," I groan, resting my palm on my forehead.

"You have not seen him tear someone to pieces," Brando says slowly. Fair point.

Sabrina places my breakfast in front of me, then places an empty plate and mug next to me. I don't miss the glances she's been sending to Marco who doesn't respond to her. He's too frightened of Ricky to do anything. But I know that he's only using her for a lay.

Marco goes to take the seat next to me, but Ricky jumps up onto it first.

"Fuck this," Marco jerks back and sits next to Brando, furthest from Ricky and me. I shake my head and put pieces of bacon in front of Ricky, who chews it up.

"Sabrina," Brando props up as if just remembering something, "did Maya go to school today?"

"Yes, sir. She was late and skipped her breakfast," she answers and Brando waves her away. She sends a glance to Marco, who – once again – doesn't pay any attention to her and then leaves. Maya always tends towards being late to school. She claims it's because she thinks homeroom is useless and that it shouldn't even be in her timetable.

"My car is finally fixed today," Marco announces and keeps his eyes trained on Ricky as he cautiously grabs a bagel.

"Finally, you can do more than one race tonight," Brando cracks his neck and rests a hand on the nape of it.

"Don't get me wrong. The R8 is good but I missed my Mustang," Marco whines.

"Next time, try not to piss Luca off then," I roll my eyes as if stating the obvious.

"But I can't help it. Pissing him off is funny. I breathe in your direction and steam starts coming out of his ears," Marco laughs.

"The consequences don't seem that amusing," I inform him, and he makes a face of approval.