Prologue

A/N: Hello again, Amores! A lot of you have been asking who Xzavier was and if he's part of the TBG. Well, you'll know the answer soon as the story progresses. Anyway, for those of you who haven't bought their own copy yet of my book 'OWNING THE WILD HEIRESS'; it's  already available on SHOPEE, LAZADA & all bookstores nationwide in the Philippines! Thank you for all the support. :)

➳➳➳❤❤➳➳➳

PROLOGUE

2019

SABINA's POV

My forehead crinkled when I turned to the next page of the text book just to discover that I already finished answering everything. I didn't even notice it. I heaved a sigh, feeling kinda disappointed.

"What's with the long face, dear? Are you done already?" I looked at my mom who just came in my room.

"I'm done with my homework, mom."

"Then, what's with the long face?"

I sighed again. "Nothing." I then stood up from sitting at the coffee table and then threw myself into bed. I hugged my pillow. My mom sighed and sat on the edge of the bed while staring at me worriedly. Then, she noticed something.

"Why is this book here? Didn't I tell you to never read this book? I don't think, you're ready for this one." She said as she took the black book which was on my pillow.

"I saw it on your table while I was looking for a new book to read. I was just curious about this book. I'm already 18 and old enough to understand things like this." I reasoned out.

"No. You're not, period. Anyway, are you still thinking about going to university? You know that it's impossible to get out of here let alone go to university to study. Out of all the youngsters here, you're the only one who has knowledge about the city life because I secretly told you about it even though it's forbidden.

"Children here aren't as fortunate as you that's why they don't have any idea about the city; that after high school, colleges and universities exist. Sometimes, I can't help but to regret teaching you about it because while growing up, your desire to see the outside world is slowly getting out of hand. I'm afraid that you might get caught having knowledge about it and get us both in trouble."

"I don't understand why we don't have any right to do whatever we want to do. This is not fair."

"I already told you the answer to that, my dear. Our life here is not the same as the life outside of here. Our freedom is limited but as long as we don't do anything that goes against the teachings of the leaders, then we can continue living a normal life."

I looked at her in disbelief. "But our life here is not normal at all! Even though I only hear your stories about the outside world, I learned a lot from it and I know for sure that this is not the life that we deserve! We're like prisoners here and I want nothing but to get us out of here as soon as possible!"

"I understand what you feel but if staying here ensures our safety then it's okay. Your safety is more important to me."

I got up full of frustration. "But this is my life! The leaders don't have the right to dictate what I'm supposed to do with my life!"

My mother panicked. "Tone down your voice, will you?! If someone hears you, the leaders will surely punish you!" She whisper-yelled at me.

"I don't understand why I can't go down to the city to study or leave this place for good. I don't want to stay here all my life, mom. I want to strive and be successful someday. I don't want to spend my life here doing nothing but to follow the leaders' orders like a puppet. Why are we even here? Why can't we leave?" My eyes watered as I felt the familiar bitter emotions that I've been hiding inside of me for so long.