Chapter 10

Tris's POV

My reflection stares back at me and I don't think I recognise her. She's wearing black jeans, a long sleeve white top and a long hooded black cape that is secured at her left shoulder with a grey pin (the abnegation symbol is the pin btw). Her blonde hair up in a pony tail and she pulls the cape around her for warmth.

Hard to think or even believe that this is me. A 16 year old girl who fell for the enemy's son and brought war upon her people. What kind of ruler am I?

"A brave one. One that is putting her life on the line to heal a disagreement in a family name," my mother says walking in the door.

I guess I must have spoke out loud.

"You nervous?" She asks.

I shake my head, "Nope."

"If it was me, I'd be terrified," she says with a smile.

"I scared about what will happen to you guys and Caleb and what's going to happen to me and Four," I say.

"I trust Four to keep you safe. Lead a normal life. Find a village and blend in with the people. Have a family, have a life," she says tearing up.

"I love you mum," I say running into her arms.

She holds me close to her, stroking my hair. I hold her close and tight to me.

"I made your friends go with you, so you will never be alone. I will always be with you," she says pulling back to look at me.

Knock, knock

I turn to see the door. Four stands there with his hands in his pockets looking embarrassed.

"Uh Zeke, Uriah and Will are here. We have to go Tris," he says.

"Go," my mother says.

She walks over to Four and gives him a hug. Four is a little stunned by the process but hugs her back. She whispers something to him and he nods his head. He lets go of her and and extends his hand to me. I walk over and take it and he pulls me into a hug, stroking my hair and kissing my head.

He leads me out of my room to the throne room where all my friends and his friends await us. They are all dressed in a similar way with flowey capes. The capes are a good choice since they are able to be used in various ways and for various purposes.

When we get there my father is also there standing and talking to Four's friends.

"Beatrice," my father says.

I leave Four's side and run into his arms. He picks me up and I bury my head into his neck and give him a bone crushing hug. He pulls away from me and looks me in the eyes with me threatening to have tears spill out.

"Don't cry. You need to be strong. I know you can because you are my daughter and I have never been more proud of you. Leaving all this to save your kingdom? You'll be a greater ruler than I ever was, greater than all of the Prior rulers. Stay safe and promise me you will never forget us," he says.

"I promise," I say to him.

"Come here," he says pulling me into one last hug.

He pulls away and nods his head to Four behind me. I feel Four's hand on my shoulder and I instantly know that my time here in the Prior kingdom is over. I have to leave now.

"Come on Tris, we have to go," he says to me gently leading me out the doors to the stable.

I walk with him and I take one last glance over my shoulder. I see my mother crying into her hands and my father with his arms around her trying to comfort her.

We get to the stables and I immediately see four new horses there. They must belong to Four, Uriah, Zeke and Will. One stands out though. It is a black beauty. Sleek shiny black coat and a body that is completely derived of muscle. It's an athletic looking horse to say the least.

I let go of Four's hand and walk towards the horse, completely memorised by its beauty. I reach my hand out and approach it slowly. My hand reaches the horse's face and I gently begin to stroke.

"Unbelievable," Zeke says.

I turn around to him with my hand still stroking the horse and see that all the boys are there staring at me weirdly. The girls also stand there trying to get what is so weird.

"What?" I ask.

"Black Beauty is Four's horse..." Uriah says.

"And?" Marlene says.

"And she gets startled by anyone other than Four," Will finishes.

"But she is so beautiful," I say.

"Yeah, her name is Ranger and she is a beauty. I guess you just got approved. Good thing that she likes my girl," Four says coming over to me, "Black Beauty was nickname these guys gave her."

I blush at that comment and you can hear Shauna and Christina silently squealing.

"Hey Ranger," I say stroking her neck.

She nuzzles her face into mine which brings a smile to Four's face.

I walk over to get my horse. He is the complete opposite of Ranger. His name is Patch because well he is a pristine white horse with a black patch of fur on his right front leg near his ankle.

"Well Four this is Patch," I say bringing him out of the stables.

Four whistles, "Impressive Prior," he says checking Patch out.

"Alright you two lovebirds lets mount up and skidaddle," Uriah says.

We laugh at his comment and mount up. Once we are all up on a horse we exist the stable.

Four manoeuvres Ranger to me and Patch, "We're going to be okay," he says.

I nod in response.

"Hiyah!" he says and Ranger takes off.

"Hiyah!" I say and Patch races after.

Not long after I turn around and see our friends catching up but more importantly I see us getting further and further away from the palace and deeper and deeper into the forrest surrounding.

__________________________________________________________________

What do you think?

Sorry for the lack of updates but u had an idea for another story so I tried writing something. I put the first chapter up so let me know if you think I should continue it :) it's called Divergent Pageant

Read comment and vote <3 <4

Keep Smiling :D

Divergent Romeoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें