Chapter 9

Four's POV

I wake up to the sound of a heart monitor beeping. I open my eyes and I see that I am in a room. I have a sterile white bandage wrapped around my torso.

I start to panic and the unfamiliar sight of the room but the sight of her calms me down. Tris sits on a chair next to my bed. She has one hand in mine and her head is slumped on the bed. Her rhythmic breathing tells me she is fast asleep.

I move my available hand to her and start to stroke her soft blonde hair. She's wearing jeans and a dark blue shirt. Even though she is casually dressed she still looks beautiful.

"Four. How are you?" a voice asks.

I turn my head towards the door where I see Tris's mother standing there with new bandages.

"I'm fine thanks Ma'am," I reply.

"I thought we've been through this, it's Natalie," she says smiling.

"Thank you for warning us about what was going to come for her," she says nodding at Tris.

"I'd do anything to keep her safe," I say while I return to stroking her hair.

"I've talked it over with Andrew. We want you to take her away with you, keep my baby girl safe," she says to me.

I was about to reply when Tris wakes up. She sits up in her chair disorientated and looks around. Her gaze falls upon me in bandages.

"Morning sleeping beauty," I say.

"Morning you two," she says with a yawn.

"Beatrice why don't you go freshen up," her mother suggests.

She nods her head and squeezes my hand before she leaves the room.

"He's going to declare war on your kingdom just because I kissed her," I say to her mother.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for that to happen, I tried to talk Marcus out of it saying that there could be a non violent way," I say.

"Four it isn't your fault. No one can plan this," she says.

Tris walks back into the room in a black singlet and jeans. Damn she really likes her singlets...

"You and Four leave in an hour sweetie. Just go with him, be safe, lead a normal life," Natalie says to her daughter.

"Where are we going to go? People are going to know who we are and Marcus is going to try and find me," Tris says, her voice wobbling.

"No he's not going to find you because I'll hide you from him," I say.

I lock eyes with her and give her a reassuring nod.

"Plus I know somewhere we can go to lay low," I say.

I try and sit up straighter but I groan at the pain of my back and my sides. Tris rushes over to me and settles me back down. Her fresh face has been swamped with worry.

"Mother we can't leave because he can barely move," she says.

"I'm alright Tris," I say. I'm lying through my teeth but I have to get her out of the kingdom.

"Don't lie to me you are not and I'm not leaving with you in this condition," she says.

"You have to leave with him," she says.

"Am I ever going to see them again?" She asks me.

"Of course. It's just to lay low for some time just until Marcus gets his head back from the clouds," I say to her.

In all honesty I don't know if she can see her parents again...

He's coming for King Andrew and Queen Natalie.

War, terrible war.

____________________________________________________________

How you guys doin?

Read comment and vote <3<4
Check out my insta @Fourtrispercabetheverlark

Keep smiling :)