part 13

8 years later.
Life went on,
but it was never the same, again.
Flashback still hurt.
it had been a couple of years since i moved to LA and everything changed. I hadnt spoken to Sandra very much since that day. She got really busy with her life and said its better to stay as friends and not close friends. I mean who am i to judge?
im 22 now, i turned 22 4 months ago, i am also working as nurse, and today got to be the first day.
Im walking straight to my first patient, her names "Karen Taylor" .
Karens.
i knock on Karens door for the fourth time, struggling to keep hold of the number of books that are piled in my arms as i wait for Karen to open the door.
Karen doesn't open the door, A tall handsome guy does.
That guy looks so familiar its like ive seen him before but i dont know when.
"What are you doing here?" the guy snarls at me. I dont answer him, i keep scanning him instead. Hes wearing an oversized shirt and his hear is completely a mess, bro looks like he hasn't slept in a long while, im about to answer his question when a female's voice call out from inside.
"Its the nurse, Adam, Dont worry! Her name is Alex Smith, I agreed to hire her because, look at her, doesn't she seems so much familiar, even her name is, What a coincidence"
"oh" Adam sighs
im confused as fuck.
Is that the same Adam?
My Adam?
No it cant be true, Adam doesn't live here anywa-
"Please dont mind him, young lady, He always like that, come in my love, Im karen by the way, and thats son Adam."
Karen Taylor
Her names familiar
A guy opens the door
His names Adam
Thats her son
Thats Adam,
Adam Taylor.
My Adam.
Oh.
My.
God.
I take a long breath while making eye contact with Adam.
"Mom i have to go, the hospitals calling me" Adam confirms as he breaks the eye contact, get dressed and leaves the house.

A couple of hours go by as i try yo get to know some stuff from Karen. Turns out Adams a resident surgeon. Adams also 22, and they moved to LA 3 years ago.
3 years?
3 years and he didnt even try to contact me?
Im still right where he left me, still on the same shit he gave me.
You said youd be right back,
But where are you?
I go outside, and im currently sitting out here on the porch. Its much later and its nearing sunset, i take Karen with me so we can sit and watch it together and We watch the sun go down
I wish that you were here, Adam.