Chapter Eight: Another Mask

When a mask breaks, the person will try to buy a new one. Unfortunately, not all masks can be replaceable. They will wander anywhere to try and replace it. Anywhere to find their new mask to hide their face with.

[April 2nd]
[Classroom 1-D]

Miyako's POV
I step out of the classroom to see Kushida running after somebody and asking other classmates, searching for somebody. "What happened?" I look at Kiyo and Horikita. "Sakura left in a frenzied panic then dropped her digital camera," Horikita explains as I turn to look at the hallway.

"Akiyama-San. You knew it was Sakura was the witness. How?" I look back at Horikita. "You probably use the same method as I did. I only observe the entire classroom." I explain to her as she nods in agreement. "I have as well, she's the only one who was looking down while everyone was paying attention to Kushida." I glanced at Kiyo who seems to be within his thoughts.

"I guess we can ask Kushida to call Sakura. We can use that broken digital camera as a reason to hang out with her." Well, that's my plan to get Sakura to say she's the witness and help Sudo. Horikita sigh. "If you're thinking about inviting me with Kushida then it's a no." Horikita walks away from me. I wasn't going to even try to convince you.

I approached Kiyotaka. "Hey, Kiyo-Kun. You wanna come with us to fix Sakura's camera?" I ask as he blinks. "If you are going to fix her digital camera, do you need me?" He asks. "Well, Sakura is afraid of strangers. It might be a good opportunity to know more about her. She can get comfortable around us and be willing to tell us about Sudo's incident." I explain to him my reason for inviting him.

"Alright. I'll go then." I feel bad for him that I'm dragging him around from place to place. "Good, We have a day off on Sunday. Tell Kushida-san about this and call me when she gets a response from Sakura to go with us tomorrow." I was about to leave when I heard my name. "Miyako-san. Could you just tell her that yourself?" He asks as I turn my head, looking at him. "You have her contact number. I don't. Besides, she's spending most of her time with you after that event. And I'm not going to look around the entire school to find Kushida."

"Oh. Alright. I'll call Kushida about your plan."

"See you on Sunday if possible." I turn back around, leaving him alone.

[April 3rd]
[Miyako's dorm room]

I look at my plain closet, I didn't bother spending my points on clothes and jewelry so I decided to wear a black dress with a blue jacket and some brown boots. After I have finished dressing up for a day. I look back at my room, it was plain and boring but on the desk had a chessboard with some of the pieces knocked off. I turned off the lights and closed the door behind me. I went to the location where to meet up with Kushida and Kiyo and Sakura. The mall district.

I look at my phone to check the time as I got a call from Kiyo. "Hello?"

"Hey, Akiyama-san! Where are you at? Sakura going to arrive soon." I heard Kushida's voice over the line. I look at my phone and it still shows who's calling me. I guess she asks Kiyo to borrow his phone to contact me.

"I'm heading there right now," I answered

"Oh, alright then! Ayanokouji-kun and I will see you there then!" The line ended.

[Mall district]
After I have arrived, I met up with Kiyotaka and Kushida. We have waited a few minutes then Sakura arrives and bows her head. "I'm sorry to make you come with me for this."

"I'm the one who should apologize!" Kushida said with a smile on her face still. Does her mask ever get exhausted to keep that smile all the time? I look over at Kiyotaka who looks around the area. The four of us decided to sit down at a table with an umbrella attached to it and ordered some drinks. "You're going to the electronics store in the mall to fix your digital camera. I understand that much but did you need us?" Well, looks like my reason backfired since it seems like Sakura was the one who called Kushida, then Kiyotaka texted me to go with him. And here we are. Sitting and having drinks. I observe Sakura's movements as she still seems timid and her eyes remain looking down.