Chapter Fifteen: leeriness within the group

[Beware. There may be OOC moments]

Nobody isn't fully trustworthy. They have to lie at some point to back up their defense. They say that they tell the truth all the time and never lied. That comment about themselves, Is it true though?

[The island exam - day three]
Kiyotaka's POV

The boys were snoring. Hirata sat up from the ground, looking at them. "Morning, Hirata."

"Morning, Ayanokouji-Kun. Did I wake you?"

"No, it's just hard to sleep soundly in an environment like this. My back hurts." Hirata chuckled at my comment.

It is uncomfortable.

We both got out of the tent, we approach the river. I bend down and scoop up some of the water from the river and splashed my face, grabbing the towel, and drying my face off. "That feels good." Hirata sighed in relief. I look at Hirata. "It must be hard being the one keeping the class together."

"I do it because I like it, that's all. If it keeps everyone in the class happy, that's enough for me." I remain silent. All the effort to keep the class together just because he likes it?

I heard someone come out of the girls' tent. I turn to look at whoever came out. "Morning Akiyama-san. Did we wake you up?" Hirata asks and Miyako shakes her head. "No. It's just the ground is uncomfortable." Miyako says, Hirata looks at me then looks back at Miyako.

"Aha... It's a coincidence that you both said the same thing." Miyako looks at me. "It's a freaky coincidence. But, I think everyone's opinions would be similar to mine about sleeping on the ground." Miyako says and Hirata chuckle. "If you say so, Akiyama-san."

"I have heard what you said, Hirata-Kun. Do you like being the leader?" Miyako asks him. He seems a little confused.

"Well... Akiyama-san. Just like what I said to Ayanokouji-Kun, if it keeps everyone happy in the class then that's enough for me." Hirata answered her question as Miyako just nods.

"Alright. Kiyo-Kun. How did you sleep?" Miyako ask and I shrugged. "It was decent although my back hurts," I answered.

"Well, before everyone wakes up. I'll assign you to your duties. It will be to collect fish. Akiyama-san will go with you." I nod. "Let me just splash some water on my face first then I'll go," Miyako says.

Yesterday, Miyako tried to catch a fish with her bare hands. Is she going to do it again?

[In a nearby river that's not close to camp]
Miyako's POV

I'm tasked with catching fish and even partnered with Kiyotaka again. I feel bad that I let him carry the fishnets. "Do you need some help carrying those two fishnets?" I ask as he shakes his head. "It's fine." Well, if he's alright with it then that's fine.

"Fishing again, huh..." I look at the sky. "Everyone in our class seems to be eating more fish than the fruits," I sighed and I heard the river stream nearby. Looks like we are nearby. I was expecting it to be a little far from our main source of food but oh well.

We reached the river stream. I rolled up my pants to reach up to my ankles so they wouldn't get wet when I go into the river. I looked at Kiyotaka who is setting the fishnets down on the ground. I should probably try to speak up something cause this is an awkward silence.

"Kiyo-kun, let's play a game," I spoke as he looks up, he seems to be a little interested. "What game?" He asked.

"Fish catch, whoever catches the most wins and gets to ask the loser anything around three questions. The limit around is 26 since we have 26 students total, plus the fish may go bad if we catch more." I describe the rules of the game. However, I wanted to spice the game up a little bit.