Chapter Twenty-Three: The Meaning of Being Normal

[Beware, there are some OOC moments]

Everyone suffers from something different from everyone else, they may be judged by their appearance or their mental state. In the end, someone will eventually be different from the normal world. Nobody is normal.

[The copyright version of Starbucks cafe]

Miyako's POV

After we returned from the Speranza, most of our classmates went out to try and take a break from the special test before returning to our usual routine. Although, Hirata invited me to be a part of their discussion early in the morning.

So here I am, Hirata, Horikita, Karuizawa, and Kiyo who is having his back away from everyone. Great, I'm surrounded by the two class representatives and Karuizawa the parasite.

Horikita stares at me. "Now then, let us talk about how the special test results and how they figured out the VIPS." She says.

"Can't believe that class C won.." Karuizawa said and Horikita was trying to figure out how they manage to win more than us. "It's maybe because of our group names." Hirata answers which got my attention.

"Hm? What got you to say that, Hirata-kun?" I ask and he looks at me. "Well, the order of the group's planet from the sun and the names of the students of each other. That was key to finding the VIP. Does that make sense?" I nod. Although, I kind of already figured it out.

Each planet symbolizes a number. That number is that VIP.  "Huh?... I still don't get that." Karuizawa says, tilting her head.

"Well, it goes like this. Your group was Mars. The fourth planet. Each group goes by the lettering of your surnames. One was Ayanokouji-kun, Akiyama-san, Ichinose-san, Ibuki-san, and then Karuizawa-san."

"Wait that's five! Then it shouldn't be Ibuki-san being the VIP! So how come I was?" Karuizawa pointed it out. "That's where I'm trying to figure that part out..." Hirata glances to look at me.

I may have made a deal with a teacher beforehand.

*flashback*

At the beginning of the exam. Just after we finished talking about the rules and receiving an email tomorrow at 8 am. Since Chabashira-sensei is willing to do anything just for her class to be in Class A. I made another deal with her.

"... Hm, Akiyama-san. What's your business here with me?" Chabashira-sensei asked, turning around to look at me. The empty theaters as the sun illuminates from the cracks.

I stood there in silence. "I like for you to make an exception with me. The placing of our group."

Chabashira-sensei seems to be quite intrigued. "Oh? And how exactly will you do that?"

"Simple really. I would play along with their group. However, I would wish to be excluded to be within the list of VIPs. It would cause quite a hassle if I were there. Consider this as a part of my plan to try and achieve your goal." I explain the purpose of the deal.

"Hm. Very well. I'll try to talk with the teachers about excluding you from the special test. Perhaps you'll be on the list of a special case for just one special test." Chabashira-Sensei said.

*flashback ended*

It seems like she upholds the deal. Seems like she kept her word after all. However, this deal of her's just kept me in the line of her strings so she could get herself to class A.

Eventually. Those strings will break and I will be the one to play the puppet master. I glance to look at Kiyo. He seems to have known something about my deal. The term twins can read each other's minds is quite strange indeed.