Chapter Ten: Exposed

[Probably expect OOC in this chapter]

People will lie to get what they want. It could be anything that involves greed or just danger to keep themselves protected. However, they always cannot hide the truth forever.

[April 9th]
Miyako's POV
It is a hot summer day. Japan sure is famous for its climate weather. "It's hot here..." I look to see Kiyo is just trying to fan himself with his shirt. "It isn't that hot." I look at the staircases leading to the next floor. Honestly, what led to my lap to be some sort of place to put down his blazer? "Heat like this makes it hard to think rationally," Horikita said.

"Not sure if I can hear fangirls that have a crush on you can see you don't have your blazer on." I look at Horikita. "What you mean by fangirls, huh Akiyama-San?" She shot another of her glares at me. Kiyo looks at her as well. "No." Horikita turns away from him.

"Eh? A no?" I blink. Is the term fangirls a bad thing or is it just offensive to Horikita? "We're not here to joke around, Akiyama-San. Even though your jokes are the worst ones I heard. We are here to save Sudo. I do not plan to give up and I will never will." Hm, true words for someone who was spacing off because your brother was there.

"It would make it a perfect location to set up a trap for Sudo, I guess." Kiyo said, still trying to just cool himself down from the heat.  I folded my arms, my eyes look at Horikita. "Have a solution or a clue to make up a good plan? Since you suspected that Class C is trying to blame Sudo." I ask her, she remains to look downstairs. "I'm thinking about it. Besides Sakura-san's testimony allowed us to delay the hearing. If we could only find something more decisive." I look around the area.

"Speaking of which, I notice there aren't any here." Kiyo pointed out something. "Security cameras huh?" I look at the corner where the camera was supposed to be there. I look back at Horikita "Why is this area have no cameras here? I thought the entire area of this school is just a camera zone." I questioned myself about the area.

"Maybe some areas don't need to be in security 24/7." Horikita turns around, approaching Kiyo and me. "If there had been a camera, that would provide definitive proof. "True." We both agreed with her statement. "Of course, if there had been cameras here. Things never would have come to this in the first place." She says looking around the area. But her eyes suddenly went wide.

We both look at her as I tilt my head. "What's wrong?" Kiyo ask. Horikita looks determined. "There's something I want to try," Horikita said, I blink. Wondering what got her to realize something.

[April 10th]
[Classroom 1-D]

I walk inside the classroom to see it was bare except Sakura is sitting there, alone. I approach her. "Hey, Sakura-san?" she immediately turns her head. "Y-Yes?!" I blinked looking down at her. "Morning." Yep way to greet Sakura, Miyako. Just a casual morning, nothing could make the conversation more awkward.

"Oh u-um... Morning." She sighs, looking down. "What's wrong? Is it about the debate?" I question her and she nods. "You don't have to testify today. Besides There is no need to be tense, right?" Sakura inhales and exhales her nerves. "R-Right." I heard the door opening behind me, I turn to whoever is there. "Oh, morning Kiyo-Kun." I greeted him and he looks at me. "Morning." He says with the usual monotone voice. "O-Oh morning Ayanokouji-Kun." Still nervous around us huh..?

"We might be able to save Sudo and everyone in the class. Sakura, you're the one who made that possible." Sakura blinks, she seems surprised by Kiyotaka's words. "We trust you." I said with a small smile. Even though it was fake...

Sakura looks up at us. "Remember, Kiyo-kun and I will be there whenever you need help." I reassured her and for once, I saw Sakura smile.

I walk to my assigned seat, so does Kiyo. "It isn't just us. I'm sure Horikita, Kushida, Sudo, and everyone in class trust you too." Kiyo says and he sets his school bag down. "Yeah... Oh u-um. There's been something on my mind. It might not be something I should talk to you or Akiyama-san about, but..." Kiyotaka's phone received a notification. He looks at it. "So?" I look at him, wondering what is it about. He looks at me.