Chapter 38 | Pain

Start from the beginning

"Give me your hand," I ask him. He places his hand on mine, without any hesitation. His hand is worse than I imagined. All of his hand knuckles are bruised, while his fingers are horribly swelled. I clean his hand lightly while he groaned whenever I touched it. The other hand looked the same, but the swelling was less. I applied the ointment and started wrapping the bandage around them.

"I have to wash my face," he says, without moving his hands.

I concentrate on wrapping the bandage rather than replying to him. As soon as I finished doing it, I redo the first aid box and stood up to place it back.

"Keep sitting."

I picked up my bag and took out the wet wipes. I take out one of them and rubbed it gently around his face, while he closed his eyes.

His features are so beautiful.

I scrap off the eye shadow from the edges of his eyes, moving towards his lips. He opened his eyes as I gently held his lips with one of my fingers and cleaned them. He is just staring. I get up to throw the wipe; instead, I stumble off my dress. Thankfully, I held the couch to stand on my balance.

"Jungkook, I'll change. Just wait a minute," he nods in approval so I walk to the dressing room to change.

I looked at myself the last time in the mirror in that dress. It still looked gorgeous. I took it off behind the glass partition, standing with my naked torso as I didn't wear a bra under the dress because it was already padded. I wore the racerback bra that I hurriedly wore in the morning. The back of the bra had long steps, covering my back, but the front had a somewhat cupped structure, only pocketing my breast, while my chest was naked. I picked up my shirt to wear on it.

"AAHHHHAAA"

A painful shriek suddenly made me tremble.

Jungkook!

With panic, I ran outside the door never realizing I was only in my leggings and bra. I thud open the door to see the bedroom door opened in front of me. I barge in to find Jungkook standing in front of the little wall mirror, trying to take off his shirt. I ran towards him without any thought. He is taking it off from his head, while his shirt was a button-down dress shirt.

"Why are you taking it off like that?" I asked, cupping his shoulder to make him turn. As soon as he turned, his face went pale. He looked at me with disbelief, eyeing me up and down. As soon as he did, I realized what I have done. I just stood in my bra. I look down, closing my eyes and biting my lips thinking what to do to hide this embarrassment. We both stood in silence.

"Umm I..," speaks Jungkook, covering up my awkwardness. "I cannot open my buttons. My fingers are numb."

I look at him with concern. He feels so helpless.

"Don't worry, let me help," I say, forgetting about my appearance. He looked so innocent standing right there with his bandaged hands. I unbutton his shirt, starting from the top. Jungkook's eyes are just stuck at me. As I unbutton each button, his skin exposes from beneath the cloth. Though I have already seen his naked torso, it felt different this time. I finally finished unbuttoning his shirt, fully exposing his chest and abs.

"Let me do the cuffs," I state, holding his wrist and unbuttoning both of the cuffs. I turn back and fold the shirt firmly, sliding it downwards from his heavy biceps. Finally, he stood with a naked torso again.

"Should I take out one of your shirts?" I exclaimed as I slid past him towards the wardrobe. As soon as I did, my hip brushed his hand aggressively, making him groan in pain, again. I turn back immediately and hold his hands.

"Oh my god! I am so sorry, Jungkook." I turn his hand back and forth. He has done this for me, and now he is crying in pain because of me. I gradually move my eyes from his hands to his bare chest and finally, his eyes that are staring at me for a long. They are hungry.

"Do you care for me genuinely? Or because you blame yourself and you are compensating me with all this?" he asks in a light, husky voice. I stay quiet and just stare back into his eyes. He grabs my hand with his bandaged one and places it on his bare shoulder, making me feel his light, milky skin, and brings his head forward to touch his forehead with mine. Our lips are just centimeters apart, making us feel the hot breath of each other on our faces.

"I need my answer," he says again.

"Jungkook," I say under my breath. "Hmm?" he mummers.

"Thank you for helping me out today," As soon as I spit out, he separates his forehead from mine, distancing his body from mine. My hand went along, making me stand in an awkward position. His eyes are strange- cold. Without a word, he walks past me and makes his way to the wardrobe, shoving his hands into it.

"Let me help," I say, trying to find some space beside him.

"No need," he replies, his hands ruining the bundle of ironed clothes.

"Your hands-" he suddenly stands straight.

"Thank you for your help, Hana. It's enough." And gets back to shoving again.

He felt bad. He should. He would realize at this moment, why is he running behind me? I don't reciprocate his feelings, so how far can he keep up with this drama? He is even more aggressive now, while I stood with him. My eyes move around the room, biting my lips in nervousness. As they moved here and there, it got my attention.

Jungkook's diaries.

His top shelf in his wardrobe, which was hardly visible to me, was filled with piles of diaries. I raised my feet, trying to peek, but Jungkook notices and shuts the wardrobe's closet with a thud, making me shake.

"You can stay in the guest room," he says, pointing outside the room.

Right, he has all right to act like this. I do mind, but I have no right to complain.