Chapter 75 • Explanation

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-DREAM's POV-
I drove George and I to the hospital as fast as I could, not caring if I got a ticket.

GEORGE:
"What happened?" He asked quietly.

I sighed angrily as I clenched my jaw.

DREAM:
"I don't know...my sister didn't tell me anything. She just said something happened and I needed to get down there fast..." I spoke lowly.

While I was focused on the road, George set his palm on my thigh. My eyes widened a little at it. My head turned to him, he was giving me a look, telling me silently that everything would be okay. I hoped it would be.

We arrived at the hospital 15 minutes later. Once we did, I ran up to the front desk, setting my hands on the counter.

DREAM:
"H—hi. My mom—I—I need to see her." I stuttered.

LADY:
"Okay, the name?"

DREAM:
"Ashley Evans." I said quickly.

The lady typed on her computer then after a few moments, she looked up at me.

LADY:
"Room 201. But family only." Her gaze shot to George.

DREAM:
"He is." I quickly said.

The lady nodded then I ran down the hall while George followed behind. When I made it to the room, I swung the door open. Seeing my sister, Courtney holding my mom's hand as she laid unconscious.

COURTNEY:
"Clay—" she stood up.

DREAM:
"What happened??" I immediately ask while George shut the door.

COURTNEY:
"I don't know. I was at the house talking to her when she collapsed." She frowned, "The doctors still haven't told me anything."

I sighed nervously, looking at my mom's weak state. Her face was pale and her eye bags were heavy. It hurt my heart to see such a loving person this way, knowing she didn't deserve it.

COURTNEY:
"Who're you?" She looked at George, knocking me out of my thoughts.

DREAM:
"This is George my—" I stopped myself, "This is George..."

GEORGE:
"I can leave if you want me to." He stepped back when I grabbed his hand.

DREAM:
"No, please stay." I frowned as slight tears started to form in my eyes.

He nodded, looking relieved I said that as he squeezed my hand lightly. A few moments later, my mom opened her eyes slowly. Courtney was the first to notice.

COURTNEY:
"Mom!" She went closer to her.

MOM:
"Hi dear." She said weakly with a smile then she noticed me, "Clay..."

DREAM:
"Hey mom." I lightly smiled.

Her eyes fell to George. She instantly smiled wider.

MOM:
"George..."

He chuckled lightly.

GEORGE:
"H—hi, Ms. Evans."

MOM:
"Please, call me Ashley."

George nodded while smiling.

MOM:
"It's nice to meet you. I wish we could've met sooner..."

DREAM:
"Well you always made excuses for whatever reason." I raised my eyebrows.

Her smile slightly faded.

MOM:
"This is the reason..." she spoke quietly.

COURTNEY:
"What?"