Chapter 69 • Goodbye

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-DREAM's POV-
The rest of the week went by surprisingly fast thanks to Sapnap. He kept me occupied most of the day and wouldn't leave my side. He'd make me so worn out that my thoughts wouldn't get to me at night and it worked.

Tonight was the last night I had to sleep in my bed alone. Tonight was the last night of feeling incomplete.

I was seeing my baby tomorrow. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

My eyelids fell heavier as I turned to my right side, ready to sleep when my phone rang.

My eyebrows squished together as I sat up to pick up my phone.

"My Georgie♥️" was calling me.

My eyes widened with a huge smile as I tapped my screen several times, finally pressing accept.

DREAM:
"George!" I yelled.

GEORGE:
"Hey..."

I noticed the tone in his voice immediately. My smile dropped.

DREAM:
"Are you feeling anxious?"

GEORGE:
"Yeah um..." he sighed, "I need to tell you something..."

Now I was the one who was feeling anxious. This was just like my nightmare at the beginning of the week.

I nodded slowly as my jaw clenched, the tears over flooded my eyes fast. I looked down at my blurry comforter, preparing myself for the impact that would destroy me.

DREAM:
"You're not coming back are you...?" I spoke lowly.

GEORGE:
"I realized some things...I can't come home yet..."

Yet.

That word made my shoulders stop tensing slightly.

DREAM:
"Wait, you still wanna come home?"

GEORGE:
"Of course I just..." he sighed, "Things are complicated right now..."

DREAM:
"What things?"

He was silent for a moment.

GEORGE:
"Remember how...how I tried...drowning myself?"

I swallowed hard with a frown.

DREAM:
"Yeah..." I said quietly.

GEORGE:
"And how...how Mae asked me if I got, triggered, seeing myself in the mirror since mine and Hunter's features are the same?"

I nodded slowly, "Yeah..."

George sighed.

GEORGE:
"I tried drowning myself because I got triggered seeing myself in the mirror..." he spoke lowly, "I was trying to kill him...that's why I tried killing myself then..."

I clenched my jaw tightly while sighing nervously.

DREAM:
"So...you're...you're not um..." I scratched the back of my head, "You're not coming home because you realized you've always wanted to kill him?"

GEORGE:
"Yeah..." he whispered, "I...I can't come home until I'm better..."

I frowned as I felt an elephant on my chest.

DREAM:
"If you come home...I can help you get better..."

GEORGE:
"No...Mae knew what she was doing..." he said quietly, "If I'm not fine by myself then I won't be fine with you either..."

My tears fell to my sheets, making two little circles.

GEORGE:
"You were right...I'm not myself anymore...so, I have to stay here and get better...then I can come back..."