Chapter 29 • Reunion

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-GEORGE's POV-
We sat down next to each other against the tree trunk while holding each other's hand tightly. My head leaned on his shoulder as his other arm was wrapped around me.

GEORGE:
"I'm so sorry for causing you so much pain...I hate my past self. He was such a dick."

He lightly laughed, "It's okay, baby. I'm just so glad you're back."

Dream kissed my head as he squeezed my hand.

DREAM:
"I hope this means you're going to pay more attention to me now." He smirked.

I looked up at him with a smile, holding his cheek.

GEORGE:
"There's no where else I'm gonna be."

He smiled with a blush as the tears filled his eyes again. He kissed my hand and laid it back on his cheek. He took a deep breath.

DREAM:
"I love you so much, George." he looked me in the eyes.

GEORGE:
"I love you too, Clay." I smiled genuinely, not caring if he called me Georgina.

He blushed hard as he kissed my forehead, his tear falling down his cheek. He cuddled me closer to him.

GEORGE:
"No Georgina this time?" I joked.

DREAM:
"No...just us. The real us..."

GEORGE:
"I like the sound of that." I grinned.

DREAM:
"Good."

My eyes gazed up at the clouds.

GEORGE:
"Can we stay here for a while...?"

DREAM:
"Whatever you want." He smiled.

•••••

I had my head laid on Dream's lap as we were both laying down on the ground. I pointed to a cloud with a smile.

GEORGE:
"That one looks like a heart."

DREAM:
"It looks more like an elephant to me."

GEORGE:
"Okay, I'm colorblind meanwhile, you're just blind. It's a heart. It looks nothing like an elephant."

He wheezed while nodding, "Okay."

I shook my head with a smile.

We stayed in the forest until dark came. We talked about everything and anything we could think of. Also while making out a bunch of the time since our lips were starving.

Once we noticed it was dark outside, he shakily stood up. He offered me his hand and I took it. After he helped me up, I noticed how wobbly his legs were and how dark his under eye circles were.

GEORGE:
"How much sleep did you get last night?"

DREAM:
"Zero hours and zero minutes." He lightly smiled.

My eyes widened, "What?? Why?"

DREAM:
"You were on my mind..." he spoke as I saw his eyelids getting heavier.

GEORGE:
"C'mon, let's go home so we can sleep. I only got 3 hours last night. Looks like we could both use the rest."

He nodded while shutting his eyes. I wrapped his arm over my shoulder and we made it to the car down the path. He got in the drivers seat and I shut his door for him. Then I climbed in the passengers seat and shut the door.

I looked over at him to see his head leaned back with his eyes shut. I smirked as a memory popped into my head.

"This'll wake him up." I slowly tilted my head towards his neck and kissed it.

He gasped and jerked awake, "Jesus—"

I giggled.

GEORGE:
"Good, now you're awake."

DREAM:
"That freaks me out when you do that." He smiled at me.

GEORGE:
"One day you'll enjoy it, trust me." I grinned with my eyes widened.

He laughed with a blush while shaking his head then started the car. Once we made it home, I helped him out of the car again. We stepped inside the house to see Sapnap sitting down on the couch. His leg was bouncing as he looked at the floor. Once he heard the door open, he smiled in relief at us.

SAPNAP:
"There you guys are. You scared the shit out of me."

GEORGE:
"Sorry." I smiled while shutting the door.

SAPNAP:
"Where were you?"

GEORGE:
"Our special place." I blushed with a grin.

His eyes widened.

SAPNAP:
"Wait..." he smiled, "Did you get your memory back?"

GEORGE:
"Yep." I smiled while wrapping Dream's arm over my shoulder.

Dream smiled while keeping his eyes shut, his head leaned on mine.

SAPNAP:
"Thank God, I told you guys everything would be okay."

GEORGE:
"Yep. We're going to bed now so byeee."

Dream and I quickly made our way to his room. I laid Dream down on the bed then shut the door.

DREAM:
"Babyyy." He pouted with his eyes shut.

GEORGE:
"I'm cominggg." I grinned then jumped into the bed.

He wheezed as he opened his eyes at me.

DREAM:
"You're such a goof."

GEORGE:
"That's me." I smiled then kissed his lips softly.

He kissed me back with a smile then I split us apart. We slid under the covers and he immediately wrapped his arms around my waist. We faced each other with smiles.

DREAM:
"I'm so happy you're back, George."

GEORGE:
"Nope, I won't answer when you call me George anymore."

His eyebrows squished together with a smile.

GEORGE:
"I will only respond to baby, your husband or...your booty call."

He wheezed loudly while shaking his head.

DREAM:
"Oh my god..." he kissed my forehead as I giggled.

I held his cheek with a smile.

GEORGE:
"I love you, Dream."

DREAM:
"I love you too, baby."

We slowly leaned in and connected our lips softly then dozed our way off to sleep in each other's embrace, feeling safe again.

❥Thanks for reading!
Final word count: 915