The First Assessment

Previous chapter : "Yes?" I looked at the culprit that grabbed me.
-
"Don't you go to the canteen?" he asked. I shook my head a no. "Then where are you going?" "To the headmistress." "Why?" "I don't think we are that close? You asked too much, Vincent."

"Sorry." he apologised and let go of my hand. "It's okay. You should go and eat now. See you later in class." I said leaving him behind.

As I walked to the headmistress room, I saw a familiar figure sat on the bench outside of the room. "Hey." I said. He turned his head and smiled at me. "Let's go in." I nodded.

He knocked and opened the door after hearing a 'Come in.' "Good morning teacher." I greeted. Steven then explained to her what's going on. She disagreed at first worry that my results will be bad. I did my best to reassure her that I will balance my study and practice well.

She also warned me to study hard and if the exam results is poor I will need to come back and study in class. I nodded and thanked her. She then informed my class teacher about my request.

She gave me a permit paper with her sign on it, so that if other teacher question about my attendance I can show them the permit.

I went back to class and realised that the recess ended. I'm late to the class 40 minutes. 'Did the conversation go too long just now?' I thought and calm myself down before knocking on the door.

"Mind explaining why are you so late and where have you been to?" the teacher said with anger in his tone.

"I-" I gulped. I'm panicking because everyone's eye is on me and I hated those attention very much.

"What can't explain?" he said walking to me. I slowly stepped back, 'Shit, I need to say something. Explain, Chloe explain.' I thought to myself.

"She went to meet the headmistress." I heard Vincent said. I looked at him, and make a mental to thank him later. The teacher stopped his step and asked "Is that true?"

I nodded. "Don't you dare to lie to me." he warned. I then showed him the permit paper that I got just now from the headmistress, "I didn't."

"What's this?" he asked taking the paper from me. 'Don't you know how to read from the paper?' I really wanted to say this to him, but I won't. I mustn't cause trouble. After today I won't need to come at least for this month. 'Stay calm, Chloe.'

"Permit paper. The reason why I'm late into your class." I said.

"Then mind explaining why do you need this permit paper?"

'Busybody.' I thought. "Personal reason. I already explained to the headmistress." I replied.

"Fine. Go to your seat. I will resume my class." he said as he gave me back the paper. I walked pass the students sitting at the front row to my seat.

"How are you?" Vincent asked as I sat down. I tilted my head a little, wondering why he asked that.

"You looked scare just now." he said. "I'm fine. I just don't like those people's attention on me."

"Thank you by the way." I said looking at him with a smile. "What for?"

"You said that I met the headmistress right? You literally pull my out from my panicking self. So, thank you."

"It's nothing. Glad to help you. What's the permit paper for?" he asked. My smile dropped, 'Should I explain?' I thought.

"Hey it's okay, I'm just asking. Forget about it. I shouldn't asked too much." he said with a smile, faked smile.

"Thank you. I promise to tell you one day." I said appreciating his understanding.

"I will wait for you. Hope that day to come soon." he said with a small smile.